2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

The only problem I have with habitual Mighty Ducks throwbacking is my general problem with throwing back to your previous uniforms that several of your current players already wore.

4645515.jpg

It's such a nice color scheme, though!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my favorite game I've ever been to. With the turnout of people wearing old/buying new Mighty merchandise, I wouldn't be surprised if they do this once a year or so.

I was surprised at the boos Bobby got. Maybe everyone was just too amped up on the eggplant to be sentimental. Also, Vatanen looked pretty bad. He was getting rocked whenever he got near the puck. Other than that Ottawa played like a bunch of poopy pants.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell that was about. I clapped for him, and gave him a cheer as he left the ice for warmups (as many did then, not after the goal.)

He got traded, he didn't leave. He was a very productive player and, what I thought, was a fan favorite for a good time here in Anaheim. He finally got to take the stain off that #9, He was never a malcontent or said anything bad about Anaheim during his time here or since he was traded. I was actually very surprised he didn't get one of those "Welcome Back" video montages or even just a still frame for the fans to acknowledge him. I don't know. Whatever, I appreciated him. And I'll probably wear my Bobby Ryan USA jersey when I go see the Ducks in Ottawa later this month. (I would have worn it today, but ya know, Mighty Ducks and all.)

I did find it a little funny coincidence that Ryan, Perry, and Getzlaf all scored in that first period. It was like the productive days of the RPG line all over again.

And I agree, I don't think this is the last time they'll do this. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did this at least one maybe twice more this season and hopefully once a year after that. It's so wildly popular. Like Kramerica said, it's a merchandising gold mine. They'd be stupid not to.

1) I think a lot of people were annoyed/offended by the Ryan superfans who put Ryan above the team, and in turn this soured some people on Ryan. That, plus the melodrama, and the fact that Ryan would disappear for weeks at a time, are probably why some people boo'd him. I'm not a fan of his at all, but I wouldn't boo him.

2) I don't think they'd be allowed to wear these again this season, as I think you need league approval before the season to do stuff like this. It'd be cool if they did this once every year or two, kinda like the Devils and the christmas tree uniforms. Hopefully they'll add the shoulder patch next time.

The only problem I have with habitual Mighty Ducks throwbacking is my general problem with throwing back to your previous uniforms that several of your current players already wore.

4645515.jpg

Same. It's like when the Dbacks wore their throwbacks in 2012. You changed uniforms in 2007 and you're already nostalgic for your old look? Maybe you made a mistake.

mun5uy-b781194693z.120131013212253000gko

"Hey let's pretend we're rookies and go bang some orange county cougars tonight. It'll be like old times."

PvO6ZWJ.png

4645515.jpg

Well, yeah, but when you've only had two main sets in your history, what exactly are gonna throw back to, anyway?

KARIYA3.jpg

Meh. Turdy and not particularly striking of the "Mighty Ducks". Besides, black breezers? Yuck.

akar.jpg

(same thing as above, I just wanted to post both of these.)

And, of course, this...

...just needs to be saved for the Winter Classic game between these two (ditto on the Kings' end).

spacer.png

KARIYA3.jpg

Meh. Turdy and not particularly striking of the "Mighty Ducks". Besides, black breezers? Yuck.

Yeah, but they wore the white alts with the eggplant pants for one year as well, so that would have worked.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That goal by Brodziak wasn't so much him being good, as the Sabres' D not getting out of their own way.

Their offense isn't doing them any good since Tomas Hertl has more goals then them this year.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think it's partially Dubnyk. I don't think he's a number one goalie.

If rather have Dubie than LaBarbara. But yeah. Dubnyk's still not legit to me.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Eakins is healthy-scratching Yakupov. Twice now. What the hell is going on in Edmonton?

I'm wondering how much Leafiness Eakins got on him during his AHL time. Gotaa grind clutch hit punch that's how you win in today's NHL farrrrrrrrt. They're going to chase Yakupov back to Russia, where he'll score 95 goals a season for $10 million a year.

Devan Dubstep (I call him that because every time he's in goal, it's just WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP) has an .829 save percentage this year. That would have gotten you the first bus out of town back in 1983. He should be riding pine in Oklahoma City right now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived