2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lapierre will have an in-person disciplinary hearing, which likely means he's facing 5+ games.

Brent Burns will have face no supplemental discipline.

And that's pretty much the biggest thing standing in the way of the NHL having any sort of effective policy on dangerous hits. Everything is based on circumstances before and after the plate, and so little on the play itself.

Lapierre will get a large suspension because he's been suspended in the past. Because Boyle fell awkwardly into the top of the boards. Because Boyle was taken off on a stretcher. And because the refs (also after seeing the injury and not on the initial play) gave Lapierre a 5-minute major and game misconduct.

Brent Burns will have nothing beyond his 2-minute minor because the ref only gave him a 2-minute minor and because Morrow was ultimately able to skate off the ice and return to the game.

Can someone honestly tell me that Lapierre's hit was clearly more dangerous and more avoidable than Burns hit?

And again, this isn't a defense of Lapierre. I do think the hit, upon further review, is not as bad as it originally appeared, but he is what he is and he's a player who's flirted with this line before, and the league can do what they will with him.

But then they turn around and let other guys off the hook, and it's hard to see how this is supposed to be an effective method.

I know this is incredibly reductive, but if you shoot a guy and kill him, the sentencing guidelines are different than if you'd shot that guy and grazed him.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Kaleta got ten games off a hit that didn't even get a two-minute penalty, so I can see where you're coming from. The Burns hit was pretty reckless and should have gotten a look.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kaleta got ten games off a hit that didn't even get a two-minute penalty, so I can see where you're coming from. The Burns hit was pretty reckless and should have gotten a look.

Remember Torres last two suspensions were off of hits that he got penalized for a combined 2 minutes, so it doesn't matter if they got ejected or not.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Ducks win their 17 straight and 26th of 27 against Calgary in Anaheim.

I almost feel bad.... Nah :P

5-1 for the first time in franchise history. 10 of 12 points matches the best start in franchise history. (Previous beats were 4-0-2 in the 06-07 Cup season.) And hey, Teemu got his first goal! #676 in his career. Still an outside shot at 700 goals.

If only San Jose wasn't the fastest team to ever lace up skates in the history of the NHL, maybe the Ducks would be in first. :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5-1 for the first time in franchise history. 10 of 12 points matches the best start in franchise history. (Previous beats were 4-0-2 in the 06-07 Cup season.) And hey, Teemu got his first goal! #676 in his career. Still an outside shot at 700 goals.

If only San Jose wasn't the fastest team to ever lace up skates in the history of the NHL, maybe the Ducks would be in first. :lol:

I'd say its definitely gonna be the 3 California teams to lock down the top 3 divisional slots.

Also go to about 1:47. I think I found charger in the stands :P

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

The one bad spot for the Ducks, despite this nice 5-1 start, is the power play. Dead last in the league, an abysmal 4.4% or 1/23.

The power play units this team can trot out are far too talented for that to continue, and it's great that they're winning these games 5-on-5, but my god the PP is bad. They're just trying too hard at this point. Thankfully it hasn't mattered, but it will at somepoint.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The one bad spot for the Ducks, despite this nice 5-1 start, is the power play. Dead last in the league, an abysmal 4.4% or 1/23.

The power play units this team can trot out are far too talented for that to continue, and it's great that they're winning these games 5-on-5, but my god the PP is bad. They're just trying too hard at this point. Thankfully it hasn't mattered, but it will at somepoint.

Having a god-awful power play didn't stop the Blackhawks last year. Didn't exactly help them either...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd say its definitely gonna be the 3 California teams to lock down the top 3 divisional slots.

Also go to about 1:47. I think I found charger in the stands :P

?

Never mind, I saw it lol

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

After last night, they're now even on the powerplay, 1 goal for and 1 goal against.

Hooray!

IbjBaeE.png

After last night, they're now even on the powerplay, 1 goal for and 1 goal against.

Hooray!

Geez, special teams are so exciting down there in the OC

Yup. While I thought they looked better last sunday, they were dog :censored: last night.

That Thomas mask is actually kind of nice.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Looks like it's going to be a night of shootouts. Five games tied in or to start the third. It's too early for this crap!

EDIT: four. Thanks, Tampa!

EDIT: three. Thanks, Boston!

EDIT AGAIN: And let me add that whoever does color for the Panthers is a big fat dumb-dumb head. 35ish seconds on the clock, play is bouncing around right in front of Thomas, he says "Panthers have to get their goalie off the ice RIGHT NOW." Right now as the puck is like eight feet out of the crease? I understand desperation, but not abject stupidity.

Looks like it's going to be a night of shootouts. Five games tied in or to start the third. It's too early for this crap!

EDIT: four. Thanks, Tampa!

EDIT: three. Thanks, Boston!

3-3 7 minutes left in the 3rd in the Sharks-Stars so there's that, if it's included.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

It's the second period.

Oh, and Toronto blew a 2-0 lead late in the third to lose in regulation to the Hurricanes. That's three tonight. Devils mounting a comeback in Ottawa, maybe.

Archived