2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Just remembered, once again thanks to this wonky playoff system, that the Kings and Blues can't meet in the playoffs until the WCF, so good thing I erased a lot of what I said before I posted that.

Wrong again. Technically, if one of them ends up with a top seed in their division, and the other is a wildcard, they could meet.

It goes:

1 vs 4/5

2 vs 3

1 vs 4/5

2 vs 3

So let's say the Blues have the top seed in the conference, and the Kings have the second wild card, they'd meet. I'm 95% sure.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a shi**y way to lose.

Down 3-0 on the road in Montreal and then they're brought back by their rookie Boone Jenner and potential waiting to be reached Ryan Johansen only to lose on a goofy bounce with a minute left.

Boone Jenner: This kid looked overwhelmed in the first two games, got scratched in Buffalo, and has gotten better ever since. He was the best player on the ice for the Blue Jackets last night and he scored his first two career goals. This kid is going to be an NHL all-star at some point in his career.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I remember he was very heralded coming into the draft but fell to the second. I coveted him once I confirmed that Bruce wasn't his dad. Hawks probably should have taken him over Clendening (Jenner went right after, I see now. hrmph) but that draft has already yielded Saad and Shaw with more to come, so meh!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

He was a steal at #37.

He's also the first "high" draft pick the Blue Jackets have ever patiently developed. A lot of people wanted him on the NHL roster last year. I was happy when they sent him back to Oshawa (where he scored 45 goals in 56 games. Not bad)

#CBJ Dummies on twitter have been calling him "The Jennerator". Can we talk about nicknames? Not every player needs a nickname and it sorta defeats the purpose, on twitter especially where characters are at a premium, to have a nickname that is longer than your full regular name. You definitely don't need one when your first name is BOONE!

PvO6ZWJ.png

As I've said before, the only proper term of endearment for him is to sing "Boooooooone Jennnnnerrrr" to the tune of "Moon River."

Also, speaking of Saad and longer nicknames, his is Man-Child, or M.C., which I like. It's just a funny word. "Ask a Faulknerian Idiot Man-Child" is in my top ten Onion articles ever. But you know, when your surname is only one syllable, it kind of has to be longer, unless we're supposing that Brandon Saad's nickname should just be something somehow less than that. "Well, Seabs had a good game, *bulges eyes out cartoonishly* had a good game..."

I call Boone Jenner "Boom Jenner" because that's what I thought his name was at first. I got to see him at the WJC in Edmonton. He's a stud.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Devils are the only team left without a win...and there are still 2 teams below them in the standings. OITGDNHL

Yeah. I'm seriously thinking the NHL should just do away with points altogether and go straight wins/losses, with tiebreakers available for regulation/OT wins.

Only if they lose the stupid skills competition at the end of games.

If they insist on keeping it, go 3/2/1/0.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As I've said before, the only proper term of endearment for him is to sing "Boooooooone Jennnnnerrrr" to the tune of "Moon River."

Also, speaking of Saad and longer nicknames, his is Man-Child, or M.C., which I like. It's just a funny word. "Ask a Faulknerian Idiot Man-Child" is in my top ten Onion articles ever. But you know, when your surname is only one syllable, it kind of has to be longer, unless we're supposing that Brandon Saad's nickname should just be something somehow less than that. "Well, Seabs had a good game, *bulges eyes out cartoonishly* had a good game..."

General Saad.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I've also heard The Saadfather.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't know much about Boone Jenner, other than the fact that he was an undisciplined clown at the World Juniors, so I don't like him.

Anyways, another reason why hybrid icing sucks:

BernierGaffeHurricanesGoalTwoAngles.gif

First official calls it icing, but then the second linesman calls it off because Bernier apparently came out to play the puck, though it doesn't seem like he did when it was called off. Franson thought it was icing, Rielly didn't, the Carolina dude seemed to be be playing it safe, and God knows what was going through Bernier's head. Even if Bernier would've flubbed up with standard icing, it just pisses me off how there's so much confusion regarding such a simple call.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think he calls it off because the Leafs players are beaten to the dots. Under the previous rule, that would still have been a live play anyway.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, that goal is the Leafs' defensemen's fault.

It's partially hybrid icing's fault because maybe Bernier goes all the way back there to play it if he knows it's blown off or maybe both d-men keep skating knowing they have to touch it first. Either way.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I've seen them whistle plays dead well ahead of the dots. More like the top of the circle sometimes. I liked it better when we used a line for a line call, but stupid Joni Pitkanen had to shatter his foot and make everyone operate under the false premise that you take your life into your hands every time you chase a clearout. Meanwhile, at the rate we're going, next year we're going to have to invent a safety measure called "hybrid boarding." "Well, you seemed as if you were about to pancake yet another guy's face into the dashers and concuss him. You were just a few more feet out than you would have preferred to have been. That's a five-minute major for hybrid boarding."

Archived