2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

I don't understand the Minnesota is gonna suck talk. Mike Yeo is changing the system to fit the players. Last year, all they did was dump and chase. Holy :censored: that got old real fast and it didn't work. He's working on bringing it on on the blue line. Are they gonna be great? No, but they'll be a solid playoff team.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah okay cool, but roster depth is still a big problem, especially vis-a-vis St. Louis and Chicago. Beyond the Suter/Brodin pairing, I'm not entirely sure what is there to be brought. Lot of unknown quantities (or known bad quantities, like Matt Cooke) in the bottom six, too. As for changing the system, I wouldn't trust a doofus like Yeo to change a pair of pants he just pissed. I think bubble team is about right for Minnesota.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Isn't Cooke a real good PKer?

Yeah, when the P stands for "person"

But in all seriousness he's basically a lateral move from Clutterbuck, just with a longer disciplinary record.

The geek in me still can't wait for the first games of the season to see all the new goalie gear combo's.

I just noticed that Lehner has a new style of pads for this season (And sorry for the translucent pic, the stream was changing cameras and I snagged the screenshot too late)

Lehner+new+pads.png

Also, I just saw a woman with a Cheveldayoff Jets sweater, REALLY?

So Jordan Nolan f'd up Rusty Klesla's neck and sent him to the hospital, then Paul Bissonnette cane off the bench to fight Nolan, which is an automatic ten games. All this in a preseason split-squad game with like ten people there!

It was pretty cool watching a kid I played hockey with growing up, Trent Vogelhuber, on NHL ice with NHL players in an NHL uniform.

He's got a long way to go and a long shot before he'll play a regular season game, but still fun to see.

But more important from yesterday's game, Ryan Murray is the real product. I can (finally) see why the Blue Jackets took this kid #2 overall in 2012. I hope Anisimov, Atkinson, Gaborik can stay healthy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived