2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota sucks and so do most West teams; the Jets will make the playoffs as long as someone usurps the underwhelming Pavelec. Whatcha know about an Ed Pasquale?

Or worse, what about the humangous 1-2 combo of Thomas and the Bryz.

I'm excited for the fact that Young Guns part 2 is taking place, hopefully not as horrific as the last one. Plus that we have a legit shot at Sam Reinhart this year and Connor McDavid in 2015.

Or they could over achieve. It's a win-win

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I look at the Isles being somewhere around 10 or 11. The team didn't improve much if at all in the offseason, Nabokov is a year older and unlike last season will actually have to play games in November which for the past couple of seasons has been where the Isles lost a large number of games. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong but I'm just not all that optimistic about this team.

Minnesota sucks and so do most West teams; the Jets will make the playoffs as long as someone usurps the underwhelming Pavelec. Whatcha know about an Ed Pasquale?

Eddie is my favorite Jets prospect. (Was Postma but I think it's safe to say Postma is an NHLer) I saw Pasquale's first pro win in December of 2010. Shootout win for the Gwinnett Gladiators.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I did not expect an answer to that question and yet I received it, so I thank you for that! Then I guess I hope Pavelec plays his way out of his job early, because he is going to do that sooner or later, so it's better that he get it out of the way early before he can hurt more innocent people.

I still feel like the Jets need a true franchise player, a guy you can truly say is the core of the core. It just feels like a hodgepodge of guys. Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Frolik, Setoguchi; all a bunch of good pieces, but there's no one guy who rises above the rest. No, it's not Evander Kane.

I feel the same way about the Maple Leafs, incidentally. And no, theirs isn't Phil Kessel.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It feels like the Thrashers did after Hossa and Kovy were traded away. It's like nothing has changed. The offseasons the team has been through as the Jets (so the offseason periods since the move) are no different than any offseason I have seen here in Atlanta. It's like ASG still owns them..just signing some 3/4 line guys and sprinkle in a second liner. Add in the occasional callup during the season & it's the same product.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I really had my fingers crossed that they would wind up with (or "wind up with") Yakupov. It would have been a perfect match: a hockey town with a tradition of exciting forwards and a guy who hails from a bleak wasteland with lots of Slavs. I don't know where they'll find their franchise player, since they won't get him in free agency, they're never going to suck enough for McDavid, and even in loaded drafts like the last one, Cheveldayoff just seems to pick guys by putting two random names together like an EA Sports title and hoping that the result corresponds to an actual human being who is draft-eligible, since he can't even seem to pick from the Best Five Available list on the screen, that idiot.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Jets are still bad but hey suckers are still willing to buy tickets to see them and they have that 5-year season ticket plan thing still going so dolla dolla bill yall

Marc Andre Fleury gets crapped on for being bad. He's not bad, he's average. If Pavelec played for the Penguins, holy lol.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I still feel like the Jets need a true franchise player, a guy you can truly say is the core of the core. It just feels like a hodgepodge of guys. Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Frolik, Setoguchi; all a bunch of good pieces, but there's no one guy who rises above the rest. No, it's not Evander Kane.

I think Trouba's probably the one with the best chance of becoming a franchise player.

I really had my fingers crossed that they would wind up with (or "wind up with") Yakupov. It would have been a perfect match: a hockey town with a tradition of exciting forwards and a guy who hails from a bleak wasteland with lots of Slavs. I don't know where they'll find their franchise player, since they won't get him in free agency, they're never going to suck enough for McDavid, and even in loaded drafts like the last one, Cheveldayoff just seems to pick guys by putting two random names together like an EA Sports title and hoping that the result corresponds to an actual human being who is draft-eligible, since he can't even seem to pick from the Best Five Available list on the screen, that idiot.

The only way they'll land a franchise player is to tank one year and wind up in the top-3 of a draft.

But, much like they did here, they'll re-sign a bunch of RFA's and garbage players from other teams, spend enough to reach the cap basement, win enough games just to stay near the hunt, then stumble onto a 6-game losing streak and finish in 10th. Seen this song-and-dance many times.

Not sure how much pressure is on them to "Win now" in Winnipeg, or if their fans will allow a dreadful season to hopefully land a franchise-changing player, and hope to be good in 3-5 years down the line. They sure didn't do much in their first real offseason (they should get a bit of a pass for their first two offseasons....team relocation and a lockout didn't do them any favors). Don't think noted-enforcer Setoguchi (who was the clown that said that, anyway?) is that guy. I would imagine the seat's getting hot for their coach (who supposedly doesn't prefer coaching a bunch of young guys) and ChevelWaddell by the locals to do something monumental, whether it be in a trade or free agency.

Archived