Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

I actually didn't see the All-Star game logo proposal before, I'd be willing to get involved in that. Toss me a PM if your still interested in doing it and we can discuss details through that.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the center logo that you designed.

Which one do you mean; the one with the wing inside a little roundel?

-------------------------------

I'd like to make a little announcement here. Lafarge has shown interest in helping me make some logos for the All Star Games of the Alton Baseball League. I may or may not be making a separate thread for it, but it's gonna be a little miniseries. Stay tuned!

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Like the center logo that you designed.

Which one do you mean; the one with the wing inside a little roundel?

-------------------------------

I'd like to make a little announcement here. Lafarge has shown interest in helping me make some logos for the All Star Games of the Alton Baseball League. I may or may not be making a separate thread for it, but it's gonna be a little miniseries. Stay tuned!

The one beneath it.

That's what- She

GiantsFan, just wanted to say I went through the last 5 months of this thread (I'm a little behind) and you continue to amaze me! Your stadiums are getting better and better, and some of them are really, really unique (especially the retractable roof one and Cathedral Park). Keep it up!

The one beneath it.

Ah, okay. I made the Condors' primary logo a much improved version of that sketch.

GiantsFan, just wanted to say I went through the last 5 months of this thread (I'm a little behind) and you continue to amaze me! Your stadiums are getting better and better, and some of them are really, really unique (especially the retractable roof one and Cathedral Park). Keep it up!

Thanks so much! I do agree with you on that, seeing how much I've improved since doing New Colony Park back in August. And I did enjoy doing those two stadiums, indeed. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys the jerseys for the Valle Buena Condors. I'm almost finished with Millenter Dome and hope to have it up really soon. But for now, here's the jerseys!

14592485046_a72dfbc3eb_c.jpg

I managed to find a way to sublimate "VB" into the wings of the bird, similar to that of the Washington State University and the Eastern Washington University. The Condors have a practically similar color scheme to the Carolina Panthers. And the Condors have similar caps to the Baltimore Orioles, with a bird cap and a "C's" cap in their set. And that's pretty much all I have to describe.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

these unis are really sharp and definitely keep up with the quality of your other designs

Thank you!

Now THAT'S a team Miller Entertainment is willing to build a stadium for!

Thank you to you as well! Now here's your stadium...

---------------------------------------------------------------

As promised, here's the completed Millenter Dome, first showing the interior::

14634925731_1dbb2be2bf_c.jpg

And then what it looks like with the "dome" I've cut out using a separate sheet of paper:

14032533949_cc0677f563_c.jpg

The dome is surrounded by parking garages (obviously) and stores (including a mall!) past the outfield. This stadium is also located in the city center and therefore is incorporated into it.

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Now that is one nice domed stadium. Just catching up on the work here, and you continue to amaze me with the hand-drawn stuff! Well done!

Thank you very much!

Now, if your still looking for stadium sponsors, Ottimo Motors International is interested.

I'll sure take Ottimo Motors into consideration for naming rights. Do you have a logo for it or would you just like me to create one for you when I get to that stadium?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I shall give you guys a peek at my next stadium. Here's my progress on the C2 Nest, home of the Alcea City Hawks!

14061606719_d1a07bcfaf_c.jpg

It's a modern park that's just recently been opened for the 2013 season. It's basically designed as a giant nest (The Hawks play in The Nest; see what I did there?) in the most uneven way possible. I'll go more into detail as I finish this up.

What else should I add to the C2 Nest? I already have a terraced picnic area past CF, so what else?

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Now that is one nice domed stadium. Just catching up on the work here, and you continue to amaze me with the hand-drawn stuff! Well done!

Thank you very much!

Now, if your still looking for stadium sponsors, Ottimo Motors International is interested.

I'll sure take Ottimo Motors into consideration for naming rights. Do you have a logo for it or would you just like me to create one for you when I get to that stadium?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I shall give you guys a peek at my next stadium. Here's my progress on the C2 Nest, home of the Alcea City Hawks!

It's a modern park that's just recently been opened for the 2013 season. It's basically designed as a giant nest (The Hawks play in The Nest; see what I did there?) in the most uneven way possible. I'll go more into detail as I finish this up.

What else should I add to the C2 Nest? I already have a terraced picnic area past CF, so what else?

~ Daryl

Love it man, such a genius idea!

~ Daryl

I suggest an old landmark building in RF similar to PETCO Park in San Diego...You know?A nice balance between new and old...

YVRMUBj.png

Love it man, such a genius idea!

Thanks! Glad you liked your stadium! Haha.

The Nest looks awesome. When you're finished it would be cool to see a street level perspective to get a better feel for the "nest."

Thanks! I made one just for you and I'll post it below.

This is awesome. I too do hand drawn concept leagues, with fictional countries. I love love love this. I will post mine I guess.

Thank you! I'd love to see your fictional stuff!

I suggest an old landmark building in RF similar to PETCO Park in San Diego...You know?A nice balance between new and old...

^im seconding that idea because it would fit it perfectly and would have some great aesthetic appeal

Thanks for the suggestion! You guys will see the result in a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent my early afternoon today finishing up the C2 Nest and I am here to present it to you guys. Without further adieu, here it is!

14638161985_5589433ca8_c.jpg

I already described this stadium a bit in my last post in this thread, but I forgot to mention that I was greatly influenced by the design of the "Bird's Nest" from the 2008 Beijing Olympics. However, I didn't wanna rip it off entirely, so I made mine brown. Haha. Features I added mostly involve its location. Past LF is the Alcea City Convention Center, popularly known as the "A Triple-C." Past CF, a newly-built hotel built over the base of the old hotel that once stood there. The old-meets-new theme is obvious around this stadium, as shown in this quick sketch of the RF entrance:

BobduU4CcAAkJrk.jpg

Finally, past RF is a mall that's partially below street level next to a little river. Speaking of street level, a few of the streets lie on a lower elevation than the stadium to grade-separate walkways and the roads.

And now that I have completed the stadium for the Alcea City Hawks, I have finished all the stadiums in the Alton League West. Here's the little "group picture":

14260512774_dc8f829544_c.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Archived