Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the C2 logo.. "The Nest" is awesome. Really love all the detail that go into these.

Thank you very much! As if it isn't already obvious, I based the C2 logo off of your profile picture. Haha. Glad you like you stadium!

Very well done. I also like the fact that Snorlax is peeking out from behind MainStadium.

Thanks! I realized the Snorlax photobomb only after posting the pictures. Quirky little touch, I guess. Haha...

The Nest is brilliant. That would make an incredible stadium.

Thank you! Although someone else might have to do the structural stuff if this was in real life because I kinda doubt if the roof would actually stand up.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have the Lewisburg Hearts jerseys for you guys. Here it is!

14592501466_ab6cb89a89_c.jpg

When I was first considering this color scheme, my friends told me that it would quite horrid. So I shelved it until now. I realized that this identity might look good with maroon, and indeed it did! All the unique features are pretty obvious in the drawing, but I would like to point out the color of the road jersey. It is in pale rose (at least according to Crayola) instead of the regular gray. The number font is heavily based on "UA Terrafont" by Conrad. Oh, and I managed to incorporate a heart into the logo.

And with summer vacation on the horizon, I would just like to tell you guys that the stadiums drawings wouldn't be pumped out as often as they have been. I feel like it's a productive drawing i could do during my free time at school and it also enables me to work on other stuff like maps. However, I am not putting this thread on hiatus as I'll still have updates here and there.

~ Daryl

My favorite team so far

Thank you!

i cant believe you gave a baseball team pink and it looked good, well done

It was a bit tempting to add a pink jersey, but I think that would've been a bit too far. Glad you like it!

----------------------------------------------------------

Stadium drawings are starting to come slower now (I have a remake in progress right now), but the uniforms are still coming out quite often. Here's the next one, the Windport City Cosmos:

14614969262_bfc268ce21_c.jpg

The original team for this name was the Riders, but suggesting some names for rykochristie's fictional baseball league made me realize, "Oh, I forgot about the Alton space program!" So I decided to put it around Windport City to give this place some relevance and add a space-themed team to my league. So that's how the Cosmos came out.

AS for the jerseys, I found navy blue and golden yellow to be a pretty solid color combo. I was inspired partly by the somewhat-obscure Houston Astros identity in the mid-to-late 90s. I tweaked my original idea for a "WPC" monogram (it's somewhere in the very early pages of this thread) to match the more space age feel of the Cosmos identity. Overall, I'm impressed with this and I could actually consider this as one of my favorites.

And before this update's over, I have a last day of school surprise for y'all (even if it was actually yesterday): a picture of all the stadium drawings I have done this past sophomore year (starting last August), which includes 20 different stadiums. Enough talking for me, here's this pic:

14304310681_b326dc6d0b_c.jpg

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

My favorite team so far

Thank you!

It was a bit tempting to add a pink jersey, but I think that would've been a bit too far. Glad you like it!

Stadium drawings are starting to come slower now (I have a remake in progress right now), but the uniforms are still coming out quite often. Here's the next one, the Windport City Cosmos:

14307502065_bab1d0a00d_c.jpg

The original team for this name was the Riders, but suggesting some names for rykochristie's fictional baseball league made me realize, "Oh, I forgot about the Alton space program!" So I decided to put it around Windport City to give this place some relevance and add a space-themed team to my league. So that's how the Cosmos came out.

AS for the jerseys, I found navy blue and golden yellow to be a pretty solid color combo. I was inspired partly by the somewhat-obscure Houston Astros identity in the mid-to-late 90s. I tweaked my original idea for a "WPC" monogram (it's somewhere in the very early pages of this thread) to match the more space age feel of the Cosmos identity. Overall, I'm impressed with this and I could actually consider this as one of my favorites.

And before this update's over, I have a last day of school surprise for y'all (even if it was actually yesterday): a picture of all the stadium drawings I have done this past sophomore year (starting last August), which includes 20 different stadiums. Enough talking for me, here's this pic:

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

I'm loving the whole package. The colors, the name, the uni design, everything. Also, seeing all the stadium drawings together makes me realize even more how amazing your drawing abilities are, being able to draw all those stadiums to the same high standard with the wild array of details. Well done, and I can't wait to see more!

My favorite team so far

Thank you!

14307502065_bab1d0a00d_c.jpg

Enjoy!

~ Daryl

The stadiums look better altogether. I can't decide my favorite though...

BTW I love the cosmos alternate but the drawing is a little sloppy... And thank you for helping on my thread!

Fear the future, envy the past

I'm loving the whole package. The colors, the name, the uni design, everything. Also, seeing all the stadium drawings together makes me realize even more how amazing your drawing abilities are, being able to draw all those stadiums to the same high standard with the wild array of details. Well done, and I can't wait to see more!

Thank you very much! I appreciate the fact that you've enjoyed each and every one of these stadiums! And of course, there's still much more to come!

The stadiums look better altogether. I can't decide my favorite though...

BTW I love the cosmos alternate but the drawing is a little sloppy... And thank you for helping on my thread!

Thank you! I'd have to agree with you on the quality of the Cosmos alternate, but that's just how dark-colored jerseys end up for me, which is a pet peeve of mine. As for helping on your thread, you're very welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So this past sophomore year, I've worked on so many stadiums, as seen in a pic on my last post in this thread. For my last stadium this school year, I decided to redo the very first I stadium I did during my sophomore year, which goes back all the way to August. Here's a comparison between v1 (right) and v2 (left) of New Colony Park, home of the Rattick City Rebels:

14137586748_6e31017ab3_c.jpg

I like looking at this comparison (as well as my other remakes) to see how much I've improved at drawing stadiums over time. Improvements include the incorporation of a "template" (logos at top and dimensions at the lower-right corner) to ensure consistency. Another is the more realistic sizing of the stadiums.

Here's a closer look at New Colony Park v2:

14637750562_0b2f61829c_c.jpg

I tried to incorporate many elements from the original drawing, with a few improvements. Most importantly is the change concerning the parking structure past left and center field. In the original, there is a typical above-ground parking structure with a park on top. In the new version, the parking structure is an elaborate underground parking garage the goes underneath the actual stadium past the 2nd basement level. The other significant tweak is the location of the bullpens. Other than that, I tried to keep the elements of the original drawing.

Hope you guys like it!

~ Daryl

This makes the Rebels look a lot better, keep up the good work.

Thanks, although I'm not all too clear as to what you meant by that first statement. :/

Personally I liked the larger stadium (old one, I'm not sure what the capacity is on either one though, the new could be bigger for all I know). But that's just me

I don't really take estimates of capacity, but I can safely say that the older stadium does indeed look bigger. When I was doing the remake, I decided to downsize New Colony Park because I felt that the old stadium looked a bit like a college football stadium, capacity-wise. Glad you like them, though!

------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys the uniforms for the Hila Paramounts...

14612309021_589af3e208_c.jpg

The color scheme was seriously intended to prove to a few friends of mine that orange and green could indeed look good together. Haha. This color combo is pretty fun to work with, however. Nothing really special here, except for (what I think) is a clever roundel logo with the team's initials ("M" is for the Paramounts' abbreviation as the Mounts, which is on the green alt) and the Red Sox number font.

~ Daryl

I'm liking it! The orange-green combo works well. You might have answered this earlier in the thread, but what is a paramount? The reason I ask is because the logo, colors and wordmark don't give any clues. It's a clean concept, but it might be too basic. Depicting a paramount in the logo might spice the concept up and make it more intriguing

I'm liking it! The orange-green combo works well. You might have answered this earlier in the thread, but what is a paramount? The reason I ask is because the logo, colors and wordmark don't give any clues. It's a clean concept, but it might be too basic. Depicting a paramount in the logo might spice the concept up and make it more intriguing

I just looked it up just now and I saw that a paramount is something that is more supreme to something else.

My original idea was simply calling them the Mounts to refer to the mountainous landscapr of Hila, but a user (I think it's darkpiranha suggested that I go with Mounts as a nickname for the Paramounts.

As for the mountain imagery, it's pretty subtle in the primary logo, where you see a green "M" at the top part of it. I originally wanted to add some shading to emphasize a mountain in there, but I felt that that would ruin the simplicity of the logo.

Glad you like the color scheme and the overall concept, though!

---------------------------

Now that I'm in summer vacation, new concepts are coming pretty slow. But trust me, I'm not gonna forget about this over my summer. Few concepts here and there, but I promise you guys that everything will be in full swing again after August, depending on the workload of my junior year classes.

I am, however, planning to do a remake of Altos Park (original is around the 2nd page of this thread). So stay tuned!

This thread isn't dead, though! :-)

~ Daryl

Okay guys, so today, I'll show you all the stuff I'm currently working on, which is both a stadium and a team identity.

So first of all, here's my progress on Altos Park v2 as a side-by-side shot with the original Altos Park from last September:

BpqXezbCMAE_KyT.jpg

Just like the original, Altos Park v2 is gonna be a massive stadium with most of the seating in the grandstands, much like Dodger Stadium, to offer sprawling views of downtown Los Altos past the outfield. This stadium also has a large outfield, with 414' to center field, 423' to right-center and left-center, and 343' to the foul poles. That's all I have for the stadium thus far.

And then for the next team I'm doing, I'm going towards the Irish Gaelic style for the Farlin Shamrocks:

BpqXRvSCUAEux1W.jpg

That's all I have so far for the Shamrocks, just a Gaelic-style font for the wordmarks and the number font as well as the color scheme. What do you guys suggest me to add to this identity and also, how could I distance this look from the Boston Celtics look? I appreciate any feedback I would get.

~ Daryl

Okay guys, so today, I'll show you all the stuff I'm currently working on, which is both a stadium and a team identity.

So first of all, here's my progress on Altos Park v2 as a side-by-side shot with the original Altos Park from last September:

BpqXezbCMAE_KyT.jpg

Just like the original, Altos Park v2 is gonna be a massive stadium with most of the seating in the grandstands, much like Dodger Stadium, to offer sprawling views of downtown Los Altos past the outfield. This stadium also has a large outfield, with 414' to center field, 423' to right-center and left-center, and 343' to the foul poles. That's all I have for the stadium thus far.

And then for the next team I'm doing, I'm going towards the Irish Gaelic style for the Farlin Shamrocks:

BpqXRvSCUAEux1W.jpg

That's all I have so far for the Shamrocks, just a Gaelic-style font for the wordmarks and the number font as well as the color scheme. What do you guys suggest me to add to this identity and also, how could I distance this look from the Boston Celtics look? I appreciate any feedback I would get.

~ Daryl

add orange to the color scheme and use it as an outline for the logo

add orange to the color scheme and use it as an outline for the logo

While I do appreciate your suggestion, I just cannot use orange for the Shamrocks as there's already another team in the same division (The Hila Paramounts from the post before today's) with the same exact color scheme. I feel that it's gonna be hard to differentiate two orange-and-green teams.

Dude this is some really awesome stuff! Really creative and original. The best part is the stadium designs. I used to do something like this when I was a kid. Wasn't ever this good though!

Question: Have you ever thought to put your league into OOTP Baseball or some other kind of baseball simulator? I'm planning on doing a series with my OOTP league.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived