Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the map, the amount of detail is ridicolous. I like Birmingham, I'd keep the red-blue color scheme, it definitely gives off a "loyalist" feel.

You have some nice colour schemes and they feel to me as they blend nicely.

BTW that is a decent map.

Thanks guys! As for the map, it took me about half a year or so to finish...

---------------------------------

For the next update, here I have Honda Field, the stadium for the Birmingham Colonials:

BW0XPG0CMAAtBOd.jpg

I'm afraid I made this stadium a bit too much like Petco Park in San Diego: brick building in LF, a park in CF, a gap in the stands in RF, a city setting, the seat colors, yeah... I also felt this stadium is too much of a hitters' park (I put the dimensions in the lower-right corner). To solve this, I sank the stadium so the playing field is below ground level.

Seeing from the poll results, I guess I'll go with gold-on-black with black away script for the Entreps. I feel that that balances the results from the two questions.

So what do y'all think?

~ Daryl

If you wanted to increase the dimensions of the playing field,Id make the outfield in left and right straight and have the wall increased in height like this(see the seats near the left field foul pole):

Citi_040409_RFreserved.jpg

YVRMUBj.png

Oh man, I love both. I'm seeing a lot of inter-locking logos though. But Henderson is brilliant, Green-Brown is a really underrated color scheme, can't really think of anyone of the top of my head that uses it. But you pulled it of to perfection!

Thanks! For my league, I've really dug into some unique color combinations that are pretty fun to work with. Lots of oranges and browns...

both of these are just things of beauty. keep it up man

and the colonials unis look great too

Thanks Ben! I appreciate it!

Honda Field looks pretty sweet! Looks like it has a lot of personality.

Thanks! I try to make each stadium unique though I also think I have pretty much the same exact style in each stadium (such as grandstands and all...)

I like the map, the amount of detail is ridicolous. I like Birmingham, I'd keep the red-blue color scheme, it definitely gives off a "loyalist" feel.

You have some nice colour schemes and they feel to me as they blend nicely.

BTW that is a decent map.

Thanks guys! As for the map, it took me about half a year or so to finish...

---------------------------------

For the next update, here I have Honda Field, the stadium for the Birmingham Colonials:

BW0XPG0CMAAtBOd.jpg

I'm afraid I made this stadium a bit too much like Petco Park in San Diego: brick building in LF, a park in CF, a gap in the stands in RF, a city setting, the seat colors, yeah... I also felt this stadium is too much of a hitters' park (I put the dimensions in the lower-right corner). To solve this, I sank the stadium so the playing field is below ground level.

Seeing from the poll results, I guess I'll go with gold-on-black with black away script for the Entreps. I feel that that balances the results from the two questions.

So what do y'all think?

~ Daryl

If you wanted to increase the dimensions of the playing field,Id make the outfield in left and right straight and have the wall increased in height like this(see the seats near the left field foul pole):

Citi_040409_RFreserved.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! I kept that in mind making my current stadium, which I will describe...

------------------------------------------

...now. For my next update, here's the current stadium I'm working on:

10503957313_a0f17295ab_c.jpg

So far, it is yet unnamed. If you'd like, feel free to suggest (realistic) names for the stadium. I think I'm gonna make this stadium the home of the Garrison Cadets.

As for the stadium itself, it's rather cozy dead center. 427 feet! Also, what would you guys like to see around the stadium?

Feel free to leave suggestions!

~ Daryl

I'm a big fan of the bullpens and how the walkways go above them, as well as the entryway in the right field corner. Two questions, both about right field: is the green area above the second deck a garden, and is the rectangle right behind it the scoreboard?

I'm a big fan of the bullpens and how the walkways go above them, as well as the entryway in the right field corner. Two questions, both about right field: is the green area above the second deck a garden, and is the rectangle right behind it the scoreboard?

Thanks! Nope, that's just a patch of grass much like the pre-Mt. Davis O.co Coliseum. That rectangle indeed is the scoreboard.

You are amazing!

Thank you!

Id have the stadium situated like Yankee Stadium,in a busy neighborhood and next to public transit...

Well, this stadium I put out in the suburbs for a change. I've always done urban stadiums, so...

Cadet Field. Simple, yet recognizable.

Id go with Cadet Stadium,but its a simular idea...

Thanks for the suggestion! That's exactly what I named my new stadium!

-----------------------------------

Okay, for the next update, I have completed the stadium for the Garrison Cadets, known simply as Cadet Stadium:

14615160806_2a2f953338_c.jpg

Behind LF is a museum that recognizes Garrison's rich heritage as a military town, as there is a large military base outside of town. And yes, those are solar panels on the roof.

To close, I'd love to see some suggestions concerning the Cadets brand. I'm not too sure about what to use as the home script, so I'll leave it up to you guys...

10650303415_10892bb471_z.jpg

The first one is a more military-style font while the second one is more of a normal baseball script. One of these will be on the regular home unis while the other is on an alternate home uni.

What do y'all think?

~ Daryl

So from what I see in the poll results, it's a unanimous decision to go for the military-style home font. I'll try to work on that sometime this week.

In the meantime, I am remaking my Cisco Field concept from the first page. Figured that since it's one of my best, might as well remake it with my new styles of drawing stadiums. (Also appropriate since the A's stadium situation has been brought up again)

I'd love to see feedback on Cadet Field as well!

~ Daryl

EDIT: In the meantime, here's some 2013 postseason logos for the Alton Baseball League:

10684221785_60314a8b1b_c.jpg

As you can see, I used the same exact postseason format as the MLB for simplicity's sake. The AL's still here (in the form of the Alton League), and the UL (United League) in in the place of the NL. And instead of the World Series, the final round of the postseason is the Bi-League (unless you guys can come up with a better name for it, that's what it's gonna be).

Man dude, let me just say I love hand drawn concepts. Some people (myself included) really aren't that skilled at graphic design from a computer, but still helluva artist. You sir, have a talent. This league you made is one of the most creative concepts I've seen on the boards in a while. Great job and execution on all this man.

-For the Cadet's wordmark I'd use the military theme, that being said, the baseball script is good. Possibly an alternate?

-But, Bi-League.... Uh, maybe just take the MLB approach and call it Interleague.

spacer.png

So from what I see in the poll results, it's a unanimous decision to go for the military-style home font. I'll try to work on that sometime this week.

In the meantime, I am remaking my Cisco Field concept from the first page. Figured that since it's one of my best, might as well remake it with my new styles of drawing stadiums. (Also appropriate since the A's stadium situation has been brought up again)

I'd love to see feedback on Cadet Field as well!

~ Daryl

EDIT: In the meantime, here's some 2013 postseason logos for the Alton Baseball League:

10684221785_60314a8b1b_c.jpg

As you can see, I used the same exact postseason format as the MLB for simplicity's sake. The AL's still here (in the form of the Alton League), and the UL (United League) in in the place of the NL. And instead of the World Series, the final round of the postseason is the Bi-League (unless you guys can come up with a better name for it, that's what it's gonna be).

How about The Finals?

YVRMUBj.png

You are amazing!

Thank you!

Id have the stadium situated like Yankee Stadium,in a busy neighborhood and next to public transit...

Well, this stadium I put out in the suburbs for a change. I've always done urban stadiums, so...

Okay, for the next update, I have completed the stadium for the Garrison Cadets, known simply as Cadet Stadium:

10650709085_2492b5043e_c.jpg

Behind LF is a museum that recognizes Garrison's rich heritage as a military town, as there is a large military base outside of town. And yes, those are solar panels on the roof.

really love the g in centerfield and the walkway bridges over the bullpens. overall a great stadium. you sure don't disappoint

Man dude, let me just say I love hand drawn concepts. Some people (myself included) really aren't that skilled at graphic design from a computer, but still helluva artist. You sir, have a talent. This league you made is one of the most creative concepts I've seen on the boards in a while. Great job and execution on all this man.

-For the Cadet's wordmark I'd use the military theme, that being said, the baseball script is good. Possibly an alternate?

-But, Bi-League.... Uh, maybe just take the MLB approach and call it Interleague.

Thanks for your kind words there! I really appreciate it! Yeah, that's what I planned for the wordmark that loses the poll, make it an alternate. (It's gonna be the baseball font).

How about The Finals?

I'll go into detail on that later this post...

You sunk a field. Man you are genius. Love these concepts by the way.

Thanks! Y'know, Texas does that too... (sinking the field)

really love the g in centerfield and the walkway bridges over the bullpens. overall a great stadium. you sure don't disappoint

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

So for my next update, I'll have you guys decide on the name of the final round of the Alton Baseball League postseason. Here are the suggestions so far along with the original:

10718693134_4130836ee5_z.jpg

I'll put up a poll for you guys to decide the name. Can't wait to see what y'all think!

~ Daryl

Archived