Rams new uniforms

rtrich11

Throwing my hat in the ring on the Rams new uniforms idea.

I ditched the gold and went back to yellow. I unified the blues, meaning that the helmet isn't dark navy with the jersey being royal. The blue is navy, just not dark navy. There's a difference.

I used a few elements from all the past jerseys, but did not even try to put a horn around the shoulder. To me it just seems too redundant in the look. I did, however, use a hint of a horn shape in the pants. So that arch is deliberate and references the shoulder arch.

Not sure where online I got this template, but thanks to whoever made it. It needed some tweaking and cleaning, but overall a good place to start.

Rams-unis-Richards.jpg

I didn't notice the horn design on the pants until you pointed it out. Perhaps a more recognizable part of the horn would get the point across better. The horn design seems to taper (and is roundest) near the crown of the helmet, maybe draw more attention to one specific "amount of curve" throughout the uniform.

I think there are three distinctive parts of the Ram's horn:

-The beginning of the horn, coming from the top of the face mask, the broadest part, the fattest part, the least curved part

-Nearest the crown of the helmet, the roundest part
-The end of the horn, where the horn comes to a point

The St. Louis Rams colors and these three distinctive designs are enough to create an entirely new, but very familiar, concept.

The Rams could be recognizable if they only kept the Rams helmet and changed everything else. I'm saying that they can change everything else, but it would be a good idea to do what you have proposed here by incorporating elements of the recognizable helmet design.

Thanks for the comments. The Ram logo is on there because almost all the NFL jerseys have some sort of team identifier. I'm sure the league merchandizers love that. I didn't want to put the team name under the collar and have to move the numbers down to the stomach.

I tried the socks with yellow stripes like they used to have, but it was just too much. Didn't want it too busy.

I've always appreciated the minimal detail on the textured horns from this helmet. Would like to see it or something similar incorporated into a new look.

LA-49.jpg

As a Rams fan, I've always appreciated when we used to be awesome:

491487_display_image.jpg?1289310720

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If the sleeve stripe is a little wider on the sides and thinner on top the shoulder, then it's a nice incorporation of the arch. I for one actually prefer the current colors, but the darker royal and hopefully gold instead of highlighter yellow are a nice update. Black shoes? That'd be my personal preference. And I'd try to make the horns match te wider ones from the past and not the thinner ones of the last few years.

Archived