Letter-modified Pro logos

nash61

The past two weeks, our junior team has played against the Kingston Voyageurs and the Toronto Jr. Canadiens. Their logos got me thinking. What other teams use letter-modified pro logos?

59krev14gdveh8qwx1nh1yevo.gif

Kingston Voyageurs

vcyskhqgoiaumexzhm9p1g2ae.gif

Toronto Jr. Canadiens

F2dbVJR.jpg

Welland Jr. Canadians (Jr. B )

6y07xzonn88hm0ydsk6pwleeh.gif

Chilliwack Bruins

8zbpioezwif6b1ojuu607lfjj.gif

Providence Bruins

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-St._Cloud_State_Huskies.svg.png

St. Cloud State

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is it just me, or is the Kingston one completely without logic? What the heck does the 'C' stand for?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

There are tons of teams that use pretty much the same logo as the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Bears.

mod·i·fy (mobreve.gifdprime.gifschwa.gif-fimacr.giflprime.gif)

v. mod·i·fied, mod·i·fy·ing, mod·i·fies
v.tr.
1. To change in form or character; alter.
2. To make less extreme, severe, or strong: refused to modify her stand on the issue.
3. Grammar To qualify or limit the meaning of. For example, summer modifies day in the phrase a summer day.
4. Linguistics To change (a vowel) by umlaut.
v.intr.
To be or become modified; change.

Is it just me, or is the Kingston one completely without logic? What the heck does the 'C' stand for?

This was their previous logo, now on their shoulders.

UsWdo5E.png

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

According to Wikipedia, they were originally the Kingston Canadians, so it's probably a nod to that.

Oh, wait, after re-reading the badly written article, it turns out that they REPLACED the Kingston Canadians. So maybe...

CookieLP.jpg

The Reading phillies used to turn the Phillies swirl-p into an R. They did something similar with the current P too for a while, before adopting their own identity.

Ward+Reading+Phillies+ProCards+F.jpg

17002d21-cd81-4197-8624-e0299ef6c5eb.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

According to Wikipedia, they were originally the Kingston Canadians, so it's probably a nod to that.

Oh, wait, after re-reading the badly written article, it turns out that they REPLACED the Kingston Canadians. So maybe...

CookieLP.jpg

That's good enough for me. :lol:

The Everett Aquasox use a modified Mariners retro trident:

Everett+Cap+Logo.gif

And the Tucson Padres use the old lowercase Padres script from the early '80s:

zrTA3JIU.jpg

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

albanytop.jpg

I'll raise you the Lowell Devils

pGA78An.png

And add the Glanbrook Rangers

team394078.gif

and the Guelph Royals

100px-Royalslogo.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived