Letter-modified Pro logos

nash61

The Canadiens in black just don't look right.

Yeh, reminded me of that black Lakers uniform...after I got a good look, it struck me as basically that: a black version of the white jersey, with a few tweaks.

That Southpoint one, it's more of an Oshawa Generals ripoff, only thing in common with the Caps is the name and colors.

It is a Generals ripoff

Also:

8945ad143850b0f82e414f10998fe4ea.jpeg

Strathcona Bruins, who at some point ripped off GFB's Bruins logo

Primary_-_640_x_640_pixels.gifBruins_Bear.jpg

Regalslogo1.jpg

asdddddddddddddddddddddddd22.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jets.jpg

That's not letter-modified. If it said something other than JETS, it would be.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

4543.gif

6523338.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Abbotsford Flyers

5i9yeggq3ei7n4wyegjzuvtus.gif

ozrbubesqqvma3awdeg7hi31c.gif

Winkler Flyers

739_winkler-flyers-partial-.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The a logo is well done. The msa one not so much. The W one is horrid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The a logo is well done. The msa one not so much. The W one is horrid.

Yeah, I actually like that A more than I do the Flyers' logo.

Agreed, that A looks good. It also kind of (mainly in the negative space inside the "A") reminds me of how some people write their cursive capital Fs "backwards":

letters-alphabet-cursive-f.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

29.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

First College one that came to mind.....UW-Platville using the same font/color combo/helmet design as the much larger U of Florida

platteville.gif

UW-Platteville was my alma mater, but while I was there they used a blue P in the same style as Purdue's. They switched to the faux-Florida-Gators look shown above a few years later, but have since undergone a major redesign (shown on this page).

Elsewhere in Wisconsin, New Berlin West HS's baseball team uses a modified version of the Brewers' ball-in-glove logo (with an "n" above the "b" instead of an "m"). I used to see it as a rear window sticker all the time when I lived down that way; alas, my attempt to Google the logo came up empty.

CCSLC signature.png

• 5 weeks later...

gouverneurs.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...

Another one for the Bruins alphabet. Don't ask my why the Blackhawks' affiliate is wearing it.

B_dQT6-UIAIP1WR.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived