MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if this counts as an actual revision, but since the LoGo #2 Challenge was to revamp the Yankees with a full uniform package, I took to it. Granted, the challenge was to make it a 90's expansion team and this set is...well...more 2000's and 2010's than 90's, but I'm still proud of it! What do you think?

JHU9Fc2.jpg

I'm not sure if this counts as an actual revision, but since the LoGo #2 Challenge was to revamp the Yankees with a full uniform package, I took to it. Granted, the challenge was to make it a 90's expansion team and this set is...well...more 2000's and 2010's than 90's, but I'm still proud of it! What do you think?

JHU9Fc2.jpg

Same issues as I had with it previously -- Pinstripe top with plain pants & gray top and white pants look awful. Make the pants and jerseys match and this set is leaps and bounds better.

Same issues as I had with it previously -- Pinstripe top with plain pants & gray top and white pants look awful. Make the pants and jerseys match and this set is leaps and bounds better.

Like so?

at6kMx0.jpg

Or should I switch the Red/Blue and Blue/Red caps?

Yes I would switch the two! So much better.

Love the new script. It looks really cool. Obviously viscerally it is almost impossible to take a neutral unbiased look at the unis, but here's some things I can say. I don't know how much your principles in terms of "changing their identity" control your decision, but if using Uncle Sam imagery isn't too close to the current identity to use I still think that's the best way to go. The use of the tricorner hat instead feels more like Patriots imagery, more of a link to Boston, which obviously is troubling... not to mention the red socks. @_@ It feels kinda like the White Sox wearing a bear on their uniform. XD This is, of course, forgetting the fact that New York was held by England for most of the Revolution and was full of Loyalists, which probably is the reason it isn't oft associated with colonial/revolutionary patriot imagery.

Also, why is Cano number 13? That's A-Rod's number.

Besides all that, though, I think the away and alt are beautiful. The overuse of red on the home just doesn't seem to fit with it, though. Although I can understand your wanting to avoid navy pinstripes to try to distance yourself from the source.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks, SWOD! To be frank, I'm not hugely attached to the unis - this is the first time I've gone into that level of detail with a logoset - but I'm glad the reception is halfway decent! haha!

I picked 13 because it's 2013, and Cano was one of the first Yankees I could think of. Pure coincidence that it was taken.

Thanks for the input, everyone! Were there any more teams you think I should go back and revamp completely? I plan to tweak the Rays a little bit, making the Ray-body a bit longer. For easier reference, here's the imgur gallery with everything. http://imgur.com/a/ClBfv

• 2 months later...

Hi I'm new to the boards. Have you done any other sports besides MLB? I think my favorites are the KC Royals an Colorado Rockies. They look very clean to me. For Arizona I would change the font. To me it doesn't go with Arizona. Also, I like these concepts but I see them more as minor league logos.

UConn Huskies . New York Yankees . New York Giants . New York Rangers

Hi I'm new to the boards. Have you done any other sports besides MLB? I think my favorites are the KC Royals an Colorado Rockies. They look very clean to me. For Arizona I would change the font. To me it doesn't go with Arizona. Also, I like these concepts but I see them more as minor league logos.

Thanks! I haven't done any other leagues yet - I keep going back and forth between NHL or NBA, but I will be doing one of them soon.

This whole thread is freaking awesome.

Thanks!! It was a lot of fun to do!

Wow these are all fantastic! I really love these. For some I feel like the colors are just a bit off...I can't put my finger on it. That updated Yankees is killer! Hope to see more uniforms.

Where would I be able to find that uniform set template?

Thanks! I don't know if I'll do more uniforms - time is a little short lately, but I may when I get the chance. As for the template, it's the Pro Combat template that's over in the PSD thread, but here's a direct link to the .psd

• 1 month later...

Archived