2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the catalog that aawanger011 poster earlier, the USA home kit is described as...

"FLAT KNIT COLLAR WITH CONTRASTING TIPPING. FLAT KNIT RIB

CUFF SLEEVES WITH CONTRASTING TIPPING. SHORT SLEEVE, SET IN
SLEEVE JERSEY. NO LASER CUT HOLES. SIDE SEAM OVERLOCK WITH" (it gets cut off at the end for some reason)
So a very vague prediction would be a white jersey with grey horizontal pinstripes, with royal trim on the collar and cuffs?

I wouldn't totally hate that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Am i the only one who thinks this would look bad?

I'm not sure it will necessarily look "bad", but I do think it will look blah. I did not like our 2007 Copa America shirts or the some of the other blah designs over the past decade or so.

The U.S will be getting an overhaul after this worldcup, and I think that is the best/most fair thing to do. Let the logo end on a good note, instead of ending on a note in which they were canned out for a year anyway to be replaced with the Centennial logo. I liked the Centennial logo, but there's much better options available. I can't imagine this next logo the US unveil won't be anything but spectacular. I hope.

According to whom?

Remember reading (on this forum) about changes coming after the worldcup. Can't seem to remember what thread/where it was.

I thought the "rumor" was another case of "someone says it needs overhauling and then someone else took it to mean that an overhaul was coming". Sort of like how there is some notion that the Philadelphia Eagles are going to return to kelly green when there hasn't been anything beyond some exec saying they are always reviewing options.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The U.S will be getting an overhaul after this worldcup, and I think that is the best/most fair thing to do. Let the logo end on a good note, instead of ending on a note in which they were canned out for a year anyway to be replaced with the Centennial logo. I liked the Centennial logo, but there's much better options available. I can't imagine this next logo the US unveil won't be anything but spectacular. I hope.

According to whom?

Remember reading (on this forum) about changes coming after the worldcup. Can't seem to remember what thread/where it was.

I thought the "rumor" was another case of "someone says it needs overhauling and then someone else took it to mean that an overhaul was coming". Sort of like how there is some notion that the Philadelphia Eagles are going to return to kelly green when there hasn't been anything beyond some exec saying they are always reviewing options.

that was my recollection as well.

I loved that pinstriped shirt, too. Also a larger version of the track jacket has leaked. Gives you a better idea of the color application on the garments and how the new crest looks.

USA+2014+World+Cup+Jacket.jpg

Hopefully these leaks snowball from here and we start to see a lot more of them. I've been surprised how late the US leaks have taken to come out. Last few cycles we knew what the kits were months out before they were due to be released.

Yeah the mock up i came up with isn't great but i wouldn't hate it either, just kinda meh. Underwhelming compared to the awesome nike kits released thus far.

I just hate that triple outline on our crest it looks so generic and 90s. That's why i preferred the centennial.

Keep up the good work, AAW!

It'd look just fine but pales in comparison to the current red hoops.

This. Needs more hoops.

another co-sign to this sentiment. red hoops are unique in the scope of top-level International teams, so why don't we capitalize on that?!

$$$. I am starting to think Nike doesn't want USA to have an identity. They probably make more money if they come out with a brand new design every cycle. Obviously they can't do this with teams like Brazil because people would flip if their jerseys weren't yellow with green trim.

Yeah the mock up i came up with isn't great but i wouldn't hate it either, just kinda meh. Underwhelming compared to the awesome nike kits released thus far.

I just hate that triple outline on our crest it looks so generic and 90s. That's why i preferred the centennial.

Keep up the good work, AAW!

It was also pretty pompous of Nike to outline the crest in gold, something other teams have done only in celebration of victory.

Archived