2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is really upsetting... Didn't England used to be navy as well? What is going on over in Beaverton?

ENGWC1.jpg

I think Nike's soccer design team is in the Netherlands.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is really upsetting... Didn't England used to be navy as well? What is going on over in Beaverton?

ENGWC1.jpg

I think Nike's soccer design team is in the Netherlands.

That would explain why US Soccer doesn't get the "Oregon treatment." I was always confused as to why USSF wasn't getting home field advantage.

How are adidas allowed to sell those jerseys? With many of those countries being under Nike now.

Is it because they were sponsored by Adidas before? So they still hold the rights? Just wondering.

Loving that French Saint crest, beauty.

Well, just look at the crests. The ones, that are under Adidas-Sponsorships (Germany, Spain, Argentina, Mexico) have their original retro logos. The other ones just have some fake concept logos on the chest.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

How are adidas allowed to sell those jerseys? With many of those countries being under Nike now.

Is it because they were sponsored by Adidas before? So they still hold the rights?

England for one have never worn Adidas kits. Odd.

Is it because they were sponsored by Adidas before? So they still hold the rights? Just wondering.

Loving that French Saint crest, beauty.

Well, just look at the crests. The ones, that are under Adidas-Sponsorships (Germany, Spain, Argentina, Mexico) have their original retro logos. The other ones just have some fake concept logos on the chest.

The other thing is that not every licensing agreement is exclusive. Just because an on-field deal is with Company A doesn't always mean that Company B can't produce merchandise for that team, for example. There may also only be certain assets that are exclusive to Company A, such as a specific logomark.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Adidas Originals released some retro products for the World Cup 2014.

140208014909922005.jpg140208015009389901.jpg140208014233497790.jpg140208014030367456.jpg140208013548547669.jpg140208013903980417.jpg140208014639303718.jpg140208012949392835.jpg223817Sanstitrehfh.jpg

Damn, it would be sweet as hell if the Adidas-Teams would actually wear them at the world cup.

Now if only we could get adidas to re-release the denim USA kits circa 1994, we'd be golden.

Fun fact, 2 years ago Adidas wanted to cash on Euro 2012 and released retro shirts of Polish national team (under the contract with Nike). They produced replicas of 70s shirts (very successful period for Polish football) that were unfortunately too inacurate. The crest used was the coat of arms of People's Republic of Poland (official name of my country from 1952 to 1989) that differs only by one significant detail, the lack of eagle's crown. However, as it represents the previous system it didn't sell well.

And the wait continues....

What is it you do when not waiting for the Hornets and Greece to unveil new looks? Anything?

That France "Throwback" would be absolutely beautiful if it weren't for those damn three stripes on the shoulders.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That France "Throwback" would be absolutely beautiful if it weren't for those damn three stripes on the shoulders.

Which is the general reaction to most of Adidas' products.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived