2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the US be wearing the somehow-yet-to-be-leaked away kits on March 5 @ Ukraine? They've already declared that the navy away kit will not be worn anymore. (Also scheduled today was USA v MEX April 2 in Phoenix, I assume that will be the home kit debut.)

They could get away with wearing white so maybe not.

I'm fairly confident we will wear the home kit against Ukraine. There's a reason the retail launch was delayed until 3/5 (same day as the game). All white will contrast well against the yellow of Ukraine. As for Mexico, we would traditionally prefer the home kit but I could also see it used as the opportunity to debut the away kit. We have worn an alternate strip against them before while at home.

Robbie%2BRogers%2BMexico%2Bv%2BUnited%2B

I have given up hope....

You should, Greece is obviously going to go in the nude to the world cup...

"Captivated by the rich history of Greece, Nike's design team sought to reflect Greece's role in the development of sporting competition. Inspired by the nude athletes of the Olympic Games, the kit aids performance by having no weight at all, allowing for a greater range of motion and keeping the players cool. Nike's research has found out that nude players covered only in oil are 2.3486% faster than clothed players.“By managing sweat and keeping the body cooler longer, players feel more comfortable, sweat less, and perform better,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Football. This groundbreaking design will surely bring the Greek national team to new heights."

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I have given up hope....

You should, Greece is obviously going to go in the nude to the world cup...

"Captivated by the rich history of Greece, Nike's design team sought to reflect Greece's role in the development of sporting competition. Inspired by the nude athletes of the Olympic Games, the kit aids performance by having no weight at all, allowing for a greater range of motion and keeping the players cool. Nike's research has found out that nude players covered only in oil are 2.3486% faster than clothed players.“By managing sweat and keeping the body cooler longer, players feel more comfortable, sweat less, and perform better,” said Martin Lotti, Creative Director for Nike Football. This groundbreaking design will surely bring the Greek national team to new heights."

They've also announced that they have taken away the patch of hair around where the hem of the jersey would have been, this will make the players whole grams lighter and give them an added edge in speed.

Greece going nude: This is hilarious but players will only feel more comfortable until they make a wall for a free kick near the box.

United States kits: I would assume the US will wear the new Home whites against the all yellow Ukraine. Also against Mexico it could be interesting. Mexico could be looking to reveal their aways which are red as well so we could still go with our new homes. We wouldn't be able to wear our all whites against Mexico if they wore their home kits due to their shorts and their ridiculous two tone but mostly white socks so in that case we would be unveiling our new aways.

Everybody(Teal) is freaking out about Greece but we still haven't seen a home kit for Honduras, Belgium or Bosnia(assuming those Legea ones won't be worn at the World Cup) as well. All those are way more interesting than Greece for me. Nike make simple yet classy designs for most of their teams so I am assuming as much with Greece. I am way more interested in what Joma dream up for Honduras, what Burrda design for Belgium and to see who gets to actually make the kits for Bosnia.

Haha.

I'm also really looking forward to see the clothes Belgium will make the World Cup Final. The last ones looked horrible.

Germany is actually pretty nice. But if they would switch the shorts of the home and away kit, both would look better! Then we would've the classic home look and the real Flamengo away look.

5-format1.JPG

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I think Adidas did a real fine job on those Germany clashes, although the lack of yellow on both kits (and green besides the keeper) kind of disappoints me.

I think it could work if Adidas made their three stripes on a Germany kit into the German flag, not on one of those two kits, but It might look good on their next white kit.

Archived