2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

I hate that logic^

It's 2014. We've come a long way in the sports uniform world enough to know what does or doesn't work. Teams looked justifibaly bad in the past (the 90's specifically) because they were at the cusp of the experimental phase with all the new technology.

The issue now is that it seems the big manufacturers have exhausted their solid ideas and have redirected their focus to making outlandish or oversimplified designs for quick cash grabs. Thankfully, every now and then we're lucky enough to land gems like the Netherlands kits this year.

Midway.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please excuse the hyperbole but if I didn't see the German logo, I would have no idea that uniform belongs to the German national team. The white top/black short combo is Germany to me.

I agree.

That's a nice kit, it's just not Germany's home kit.

What does everyone think of the new England home and away kits? Apparently they are going for £90...that's unreal

That's the price for the proper 'as the players wear' version, probably with the correct numbering 'as the players wear' on it - the sort of thing only collectors or discerning kit geeks would buy - the vast majority of people won't be anywhere near a £90 shirt. The standard replicas are cheaper, although I don't disagree with the feeling that football shirts are more than pricey enough.

The press get outraged every time a new England kit comes out - both over price and the regularity they're realised with - and invariably each summer as well when the Premier League clubs start flogging their latest polyester wares. It's one of our cherished national traditions.

Apparently the number does not go in the white space according to World Soccer Shop's Instagram photo:

http://instagram.com/p/mP6Zz4O3zc/

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Based on the Instagram photo from World Soccer Shop, screen grabs of the jerseys and shorts in the store, and screen grabs of the jersey backs of the customized jerseys at WorldSoccerShop.com it appears this is what the whole set looks like. I added the 8 to the shorts and the large jersey front to match the image from World Soccer Shop's instagram photo:

USAAway20142_zpsb82af9a2.png

FINAL_ClintDempseyFullBody_large.jpg

FINAL_ClintDempseyBack_large.jpg

FINAL_SydneyLerouxFullBody_large.jpg?139

FINAL_SydneyProfile2_large.jpg?139635191

USA_AWAY_TURN_large.jpg

USA_AWAY_COLLAR1_PRIDE_large.jpg

FINAL_AlexiLalasFlag_large.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here's what's funny...if the USA would just flip the home and away shorts, both sets get so much better.

Oh well, USA! USA! USA!

bomb-pop-3.jpg

For every goal now, we can drink one of these Bomb Pop shots!

BombPopShots.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1/3 ounce Sprite *
  • 1/3 ounce lemon vodka *
  • 2/3 ounce blue curacao
  • 2/3 ounce grenadine
  • ice
  • *Note: Can use Mike’s Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Ice in place of these
  • Shot Glasses
Instructions
  1. Mix the Sprite and vodka in a shaker with some ice to chill it.
  2. Strain into glass.
  3. Using a spoon turned upside down angled into the vodka mix just to slightly break the surface, very slowly pour the blue curacao. It must be done with patience, or the two will mix and you won’t get the same effect. You’ll see the white layer begin to exist.
  4. Next add in the grenadine. The easiest way to do this is to pour close to the ednge of the glass to create an almost waterfall effect inside the glass. Since the grenadine is so thick, it’ll drop to the bottom of the glass.

spacer.png

Idk I personally like how they didn't just go with a plain navy blue shirt, which is what I assumed they would do. I like the royal blue and the striping pattern. Already posted this in a topic but, is it just me or does it look especially good on the women for some reason?

FINAL_AllysonFelixProfile_large.jpg?1396

Idk I personally like how they didn't just go with a plain navy blue shirt, which is what I assumed they would do. I like the royal blue and the striping pattern. Already posted this in a topic but, is it just me or does it look especially good on the women for some reason?

FINAL_AllysonFelixProfile_large.jpg?1396

I agree that the hooped colors suit the women. And yes LeRoux, can save this kit with that body of hers. But Kaylyn Kyle makes the Canadian kit look GOOD! And the Canada kits are :censored:

Am I the only one who thinks these looks really good besides the number font? Obviously they aren't as good as the centennial and where's waldo kits. But in my opinion, miles better than our bland (england) world cup home kit.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

Archived