2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Yeah the 2010 kit was very meh for me. Not sure why anyone would pick it out as being a highlight.

The hoops one is nice, thats a given and the 2006 kit was very satisfactory and quite pleasing on the eye as well. I'll wait to see the new one in action, and while it is very reminiscent of what England wear, it has the potential to be quite nice too.

I love the 2010 home and 3rd kits. Not arguing that everyone else should feel the same or that they were iconic. But I thought they were instantly recognized as American and had a nice mix of traditional and contemporary feel.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as an identity for our national team I feel we should have red hoops as our primary kit, navy with a sash for our change kit and an all white look for our third kit. Just seems like the best looks for us.

I don't have a problem with any of those looks, but the 3 together just seems like an incoherent identity.

As far as an identity for our national team I feel we should have red hoops as our primary kit, navy with a sash for our change kit and an all white look for our third kit. Just seems like the best looks for us.

I don't have a problem with any of those looks, but the 3 together just seems like an incoherent identity.

Soccer is known for having a bunch of looks that don't really belong together but are right for the team. just look at the US for this years world cup, the 2 jerseys look nothing alike, germany's are 2 different looks, theres a few others I'm forgetting too

If the US had worn blue shorts with the white jersey and white socks at the 2010 World Cup (in addition to making the slash contrast with the jersey more) their look would have been perfect and there would have been no need to change it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Soccer is known for having a bunch of looks that don't really belong together but are right for the team. just look at the US for this years world cup, the 2 jerseys look nothing alike, germany's are 2 different looks, theres a few others I'm forgetting too

No doubt, but those looks happen because of success, history, tradition. The US doesn't really have those, so if we are going about creating a perfect look I wouldn't pigeon hole us so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this today. World Cup jersey rankings. Sorry if it's been posted already. #8 for Mexico I think is a stretch. #18 for USA seems just about right.

http://mashable.com/2014/05/14/2014-world-cup-jersey-rankings/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Mentioning Brazil's "dark green alternate" is not a good way to get off on the right foot, Mashable.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Just saw this today. World Cup jersey rankings. Sorry if it's been posted already. #8 for Mexico I think is a stretch. #18 for USA seems just about right.

http://mashable.com/2014/05/14/2014-world-cup-jersey-rankings/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Mentioning Brazil's "dark green alternate" is not a good way to get off on the right foot, Mashable.

Not only that, Australia and France are both ranked way too low. Yet, Spain's awful clash kit and Mexico rank way too high. Italy that high too? Nowhere near a very good list.

Just remember that these people who write these articles are not us. They look at all the kits and go "that's perdy" and rate off of that. Not to mention these lists should not be written by just one person since its all subjective, he should have at least waited until Bosnia's kits came out as well.

Also, after seeing (almost) all of the world cup kits on the same page, I'd have to say one of my favorites is Russia, if not my favourite. The home is dark and classy and the change, while interesting, is not garish by any means. I would have also put Iran in the top half of the list at least, not dead last. Interesting that they only rated it on the change kit.

• 2 weeks later...

That list is complete nonsense. They have no idea what a good and bad kit look like.

Especially when dealing with the USA kits. Their away shirt is the lesser of the two kits yet gets rated 4/5. And they take great joy in giving Wilshere crap.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived