2014 FIFA World Cup

UnclearInitial

Top 3 kits for me are Holland home, France home and Russia home (love the colours). Look forward to seeing them in action.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand all the hate for the CR kits. Sure, they're unique but they're not garish, and the primary kit even looks downright good on the pitch IMO.

Edit: aw shut up, I can't spell on my phone. :upside:

I don't understand all the hate for the CR kits. Sure, there unique but their not garish, and the primary kit even looks downright good on the pitch IMO.

They have a silly color splotch on the chest with curved striping/piping on the shorts that doesn't really match. I definitely understand the hate.

Using both wrong forms of "they're" is pretty impressive.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The CR kits are predictably bad, though tame for CR/Joma Lotto (they're both awful).

I like those Ecuador kits, myself.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

New-Spain-2014-World-Cup-Third-Kit-White

From the article:

"FIFA had asked all 32 participating 2014 World Cup teams to prepare two very distinguishable shirts, one predominantly dark and the other light-colored. Apparently Spain's red 2014 World Cup Home Shirt and the black Away Shirt didn't meet these criteria, as a result the international football federation have asked Spain and Adidas to carry a white shirt for the group match against Netherlands.

Following this case and the strict interpretation of the rules by FIFA, we could see more not yet unveiled shirts in the 2014 World Cup starting next month. Cameroon, in a friendly yesterday, already wore an unknown white kit, which could possibly have been requested for the match against Mexico in Brazil."

Looks nice though

I remember reading an interview with an Umbro designer a few years back, when he mentioned that it was common practice for them to have designed and ready a third choice England kit they kept squirrelled away.

The public never got to see it, and chances are it'd never be used, but should England have found themselves in a situation at short notice where the white home or red away weren't suitable (say we progressed in a tournament and were drawn against the red and white striped Paraguay, for example) the third shirt could be pressed into service with minimal fuss.

I'd imagine that quite a few national teams have a similar contingency in place - I suppose the alternative would be for the makers to badge up standard teamwear kits, but they'd probably prefer for their key contracts to wear something a bit more individual.

I'm surprised the USA hasn't rolled out a third shirt this year for the friendlies. A knockoff of the blue 1994 jerseys in royal blue instead of denim would have been a good choice.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm surprised the USA hasn't rolled out a third shirt this year for the friendlies. A knockoff of the blue 1994 jerseys in royal blue instead of denim would have been a good choice.

I'm guessing there will be a blue third jersey introduced as a third after the World Cup similar to the red third with blue sash they debuted after the 2010 World Cup.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

New-Spain-2014-World-Cup-Third-Kit-White

From the article:

"FIFA had asked all 32 participating 2014 World Cup teams to prepare two very distinguishable shirts, one predominantly dark and the other light-colored. Apparently Spain's red 2014 World Cup Home Shirt and the black Away Shirt didn't meet these criteria, as a result the international football federation have asked Spain and Adidas to carry a white shirt for the group match against Netherlands.

Following this case and the strict interpretation of the rules by FIFA, we could see more not yet unveiled shirts in the 2014 World Cup starting next month. Cameroon, in a friendly yesterday, already wore an unknown white kit, which could possibly have been requested for the match against Mexico in Brazil."

Looks nice though

FIFA gets to enforce another arbitrary rule, and Adidas/the federations get more stuff to sell. A win-win!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

From the article:

Looks nice though

FIFA gets to enforce another arbitrary rule, and Adidas/the federations get more stuff to sell. A win-win!

Especially convenient that its adidas, FIFA's corporate partner, that just happens to get to sell an extra shirt for one of its most popular teams. Funny how that works out.

I don't understand all the hate for the CR kits. Sure, there unique but their not garish, and the primary kit even looks downright good on the pitch IMO.

Honestly, this may be due to the fact that this will be a very well-dressed World Cup overall. So the Costa Rica kits aren't bad so much as "meh," but this year, "meh" is enough to land them in the bottom five.

From the article:

Looks nice though

Especially convenient that its adidas, FIFA's corporate partner, that just happens to get to sell an extra shirt for one of its most popular teams. Funny how that works out.

I'm sure Nike can release third kits if they want, but it probably makes more sense to wait until next year.

Archived