Sign in to follow this  
BigRed618

MLS Logo Concept

BigRed618    160

dqy7.png

This was inspired by another concept someone else made for MLS' league logo. I liked the idea of using a hexagon, a shape found on a classic buckyball, but then I needed another way to convey the message that this is for a soccer league in Canada and the US. That's what the abstract shapes come in. It's a stylized map of North America, the red shape being Canada, and the blue shape being the States. C&C appreciated, as always.

Son_ofNun    2

creative and deep; but to the casual observer irrelevant and unnecessary. maybe if you made the countries look more like the countries.

eagle98    22

Even after I'm told it's supposed to be the US and Canada, I have a hard time seeing it. This could work if you made the countries a bit more distinctive. Also, I think I'd make the outline a true hexagon with straight lines.

Right now, it reminds me of Domino's Pizza.

vicfurth    372

I can see the countries though it took a second or two. You might add a stylized Alaska in blue to convey the "abstract map" idea.

I kinda like it. It matches a lot of soccer shields in the abstract but simplified way

davidmiller5    124

Personally, I also think it would look better if the map of North America would be easier to recognize. I would have never realized it was the U.S. and Canada without your explanation.

WNDUP FX    6

Personally, I also think it would look better if the map of North America would be easier to recognize. I would have never realized it was the U.S. and Canada without your explanation.

This.

BigRed618    160

x

creative and deep; but to the casual observer irrelevant and unnecessary. maybe if you made the countries look more like the countries.

Even after I'm told it's supposed to be the US and Canada, I have a hard time seeing it. This could work if you made the countries a bit more distinctive. Also, I think I'd make the outline a true hexagon with straight lines.

Right now, it reminds me of Domino's Pizza.

I understand your problems, but I'm not sure how to make the countries more distinctive without loosing the abstract effect I was going for. This isn't just North America inside a hexagon. North America is the hexagon. That's part of why I excluded Alaska.