oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons update 11/7/18

That Cardinals set is perfect. Well done.

Also I kind of like the WFL-esque Washington look.

I'd add some yellow to the cardinals uniform. other than that this has been a great series so far!

I actually have a version like that. I'll see if I can find it.

I'd add some yellow to the cardinals uniform. other than that this has been a great series so far!

I actually have a version like that. I'll see if I can find it.

Couldn't find it, so I just remade it. I prefer the one without gold, I think.

card2_zps43bfb4f0.png

Can't say I like the Cards with the gold. Gold just shouldn't be used on a Cardinals uniform beyond the logo's beak.

Can't say I like the Cards with the gold. Gold just shouldn't be used on a Cardinals uniform beyond the logo's beak.

Yeah, I'd agree... I was just throwing it out there since somebody asked.

Here's a few NFC North... more to come, I'm sure...

lion1_zps75a30eca.png

bearsnew_zps96e0776c.png?497

(I'm reposting this Bears' concept from an earlier post. In that thread someone mentioned that by cleaning up all the "inconsistencies" of the Bears' uniform, this had drained some of the life out of the uniform... an observation that, in retrospect, I tend to agree with. However, I did want to compile all my NFL concepts together, so here it is again.)

And here's a few additions I'd make to the Vikings' new uniform. A striped white sock to wear with the purple pants, and a second pair of white pants (with a stripe that matches the white jersey) to wear when they want to go all-white.

a748fa21-1c4e-43e2-9bdc-2b1dcefab7a5_zps

vikerfix_zpsd6652696.png

Ravens' redesign. Just trying to simplify. I think they currently have just too much of everything. Too many logos, too many options, overdone numbers... just way overdesigned IMO. I think the helmet logo is still awkward, but better without the "B", and while I've never been in love with their font, it does look better with only the single outline. I actually do like the unconventional pants/jersey combinations (it's kind of their trademark, to me), as long as they have a contrast. So in this concept, I'm keeping the black over purple over black as the home. No white pants option is necessary. On the road it's black over white over purple. If I was in charge, there's be two very important stipulations. One, the purple pants and purple jersey would never be worn together, and two, the both pants would always be worn with the contrasting socks.

raven1_zps3a76f51e.png

Upgrades a plenty.

Cardinals looks great, sans yellow. (though I really want the gray facemask replaced, but I know that’s not how you roll :P)

Eagles look great (but I am still not fond of the yellow beak)

I really like the Washington white jersey (and the similar treatment to the Pack)

The Lions set is flat out sexy. Honolulu blue and gray/silver work so well without black. I’d be curious to see white with gray outline on the home jersey for comparison, but either way, this is awesome. But, you know, you have to add black to schemes like this…

I am not fond of the reversed helmet decal on the bears.

I am not fond of the Ravens (except for removing the “B” from the helmet, which absolutely must be done). Different colored sleeves are just not my thing. In fairness, I have always been of the opinion that the Ravens color scheme gives one very little to work with.

The Lions set is flat out sexy. Honolulu blue and gray/silver work so well without black. I’d be curious to see white with gray outline on the home jersey for comparison, but either way, this is awesome.

Thanks!

As to the silver vs. white on the Lions' numbers, I actually tried it both ways, and I can live with either one. However, I was trying to harken back to a particular Lions' look the I remember fondly...

d7a7b10974a8077007d698e4a3fd43a199a8d698

lion1_zps75a30eca.png

Another Washington concept. I based this on the idea that the helmet was untouchable, and built a uniform from there. That isn't a belief I personally hold, but I know others do.

redskn2_zpsc1e3bf33.png

Great job. Infinitely better than the first attempt.

The burgundy pants look great, I miss those in real life and now no one can complain about the lack of consistency in the stripes, which is really the only real complaint anyone can have with an otherwise solid look.

The Browns look absolutely beautiful. The sleeves, the numbers, everything. That would easily be a top-5 set in the NFL.

The Browns look awesome - only tweak necessary is a white or even brown facemask.

I also like your Ravens concept, though I'd make the TV numbers on the road white to match the white numbers on the purple jersey. I'd also consider making the helmet have a purple sheen to it like the old teal-flaked Jags helmet.

The Browns look awesome - only tweak necessary is a white or even brown facemask.

I also like your Ravens concept, though I'd make the TV numbers on the road white to match the white numbers on the purple jersey. I'd also consider making the helmet have a purple sheen to it like the old teal-flaked Jags helmet.

I went back and forth on those Ravens' TV numbers. I had it the way you're suggesting for most of the time I was working on it, but I just couldn't get past that the TV numbers matched the large numbers on the purple jersey, but didn't on the white.