oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons update 11/7/18

I like the Falcons set, but the black numbers on red is interesting, Not a fan of the sleeves they have now.

The Saints should've some kind of stripes on the black pants, since the last time they changed looks.

Like the idea for the Patriots, but a lot of these concepts are getting kinda stale with so many similar striping schemes. I'd go UCLA stripes here and try to modernize them a tad.

I'm not a fan of the serifs in the number font for the Patriots. It looks more like a Western-style font that would fit the Cowboys or Colts better. You get pluses for adding more red to the scheme though.

I'm not a fan of the serifs in the number font for the Patriots. It looks more like a Western-style font that would fit the Cowboys or Colts better. You get pluses for adding more red to the scheme though.

I think he has done this to mimic the new wordmark they have

On the Bills, I don't think there is enough balance between the two blues. Particularly, on the uniforms, I feel like there isn't enough navy, and then there is a large block of it on the socks. I'd either incorporate more navy into the jerseys and pants, or reduce the amount of navy on the socks to match the rest of the uniform.

Not a fan of the Pats. The issue here is that the uniform style doesn't match the logo. The numbers and stripes make the uniform feel very classic, which makes the Flying Elvis look out of place. I do think this could look pretty good with Pat Patriot though (retaining the silver on the entire uniform and just replacing the logo.)

Like the idea for the Patriots, but a lot of these concepts are getting kinda stale with so many similar striping schemes. I'd go UCLA stripes here and try to modernize them a tad.

Yeah, I can see where it might look that way... I have been on a bit of the tradition sleeve stripe kick recently. One thing is, I tend to design these as stand-alone ideas, not as an entire league redesign. If I was trying to redesign every team at once, as though all the new looks would hit the field at once, I'm sure I'd give a lot more consideration to variety.

And I'd really like to work some UCLA type stripes into my designs again, but I can find a way to put them on this template without it looking like ass.

I think he has done this to mimic the new wordmark they have

Yep, the number font is supposed to visually link with the new wordmark.

Chargers look fantastic. The grey for the Falcons looks kind of pewter. I'd try and lighten it up a bit.

The Ravens helmet is terrific.

These look good, but (and this is mainly the fault of the template) these jerseys all look very similar, with stripes on the sleeves.

I really like how you've merged classic and modern looks. Your Patriots, Ravens, Chargers, and Seahawks concepts are among my favorite NFL designs in the concept boards. The only two concepts I don't really like are the Bills and the Rams, but that more down to my dislike of navy blue for the Bills and yellow Rams jerseys in general.

AFC West... here's two I've posted before, plus one new.

bronco1_zpsfc2fd113.png

chrgr3_zps14291874.png

This Chiefs' concept was hard to get around to, mostly because so little needs to be done with them. The main thing, to me, is to bring their helmet in line with the rest of the uniform. That means no black. I also tweaked the stripes on the road pants, gave them a slightly more unique block font, and added a alt jersey.

chiefs1_zpsd580c7e1.png

pac_zpsedf7c7e7.png

LOVE IT! Perfect mix of the original Lombardi design and modern practicality. Thank you double for getting rid of those ridiculously complicated collars.

I love that Falcons concept, and the double orange really works for Denver. Not sold on that Chargers look though. Great colours, but I don't care for the bolt placement.

I like you effort to get rid of black on the Chiefs helmet. Shows that it could work. I do like the current "KC" better, though.

chrgr3_zps14291874.png

I love that Falcons concept, and the double orange really works for Denver. Not sold on that Chargers look though. Great colours, but I don't care for the bolt placement.

The bolt placement on that Charger concept was definitely an experiment. The problem I have with the current jersey's bolt placement is that it... well, frankly sucks. And while the classic shoulder treatment from the 60s thru 80s would be preferred there just isn't anyway to shoehorn that onto the current cut of jerseys. I guess I'm just looking for a new outside the box solution.