oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - Falcons update 11/7/18

As a Jag fan, I like what you did with those uniforms. I don't think any one uniform set is overall wonderful, but I think each does some things pretty good. I like moving the JAGS badge to the shoulders design wise. Obviously, I don't think it would work on field with the different cuts and such, but it works for the purpose here!

As a Jag fan, I like what you did with those uniforms. I don't think any one uniform set is overall wonderful, but I think each does some things pretty good. I like moving the JAGS badge to the shoulders design wise. Obviously, I don't think it would work on field with the different cuts and such, but it works for the purpose here!

I considered that, but the current Ravens uniform has a similar shaped shield patch, with no issues.

Baltimore-Ravens-Ray-Lewis-a.jpg

I considered that, but the current Ravens uniform has a similar shaped shield patch, with no issues.

Baltimore-Ravens-Ray-Lewis-a.jpg

Touche. Would love to see it mocked up or something. Didn't even think of Baltimore...

I posted this Bengal concept a while ago in it's own thread, but I din't like the font I used. This is a new font I cannibalized off of two others.

benga1_zps117a9f7e.png

I don't understand why you don't just post the new concepts in this thread instead of creating another thread just for one concept.

I don't understand why you don't just post the new concepts in this thread instead of creating another thread just for one concept.

Yeah, I don't have a good answer for that. I just got in the habit of starting new threads and then later, at some point I'd realize that meant they weren't part of this thread. From now on I think I'll try to remember just to post them here.

Unless I forget.

Not a fan of the Falcons helmet but I really dig those unis and pants. They need to go back to black as the primary.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the gold nor the Vikings-esque striping

I'm not a fan of the logo for the Ravens. Doesn't really say NFL to me. Also too many striping patterns for the same set.

Which specifically seems too much like the Vikings?

The emphasis of purple. When I see the Ravens in my head, I always picture them in black jerseys, now I know they need a purple jersey but the away has a little bit to much purple on it.

Which specifically seems too much like the Vikings?

The pant striping. How it is one stripe thicker than the other. Asymmetrical pant striping isn't my thing.

Wait, hold on a second. Are these concepts really coming from the same oldschoolvikings who usually waves his cane at most modern looking sets? :P Considering the source, a lot of these are surprisingly "modern" looking.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of most, but I do really like your second Redskins concept, and that Cowboys set is damn near perfect. The one element I really don't like is the grey face mask for the Bears. I understand why you would use it for a team has classic as them, but it just doesn't work IMO. It looks out of place on their dark helmet when there's no grey elsewhere. It almost draws unnecessary attention to itself. The GSH placement is pleasantly unique, though.

Wait, hold on a second. Are these concepts really coming from the same oldschoolvikings who usually waves his cane at most modern looking sets? :P Considering the source, a lot of these are surprisingly "modern" looking.

No, no, no... I can't have that. I've worked way too hard to cement my status as a grumpy old guy to give it up. :D

Just to prove I haven't gone over to the dark side, here's a Falcons' concept that only I will like!!

falc2_zpsac551010.png

You're wrong about your new Falcons concept...I like it too.

It looks good. My rival in high school used the same logo and had those colors. I honestly think the Falcons should drop the black.