oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' NFL concepts - New/Old Jacksonville Jaguars concept added 11/10/17

On 6/13/2017 at 8:53 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Reworking a Bronco project I've posted before.  This one is similar, but slightly different striping, plus a new color rush and new throwback;

broncfinal2_zpsqgnhbltn.png

Thoughts appreciated...

That color rush looks too close to black. And I hate bfbs uniforms

51 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That color rush looks too close to black. And I hate bfbs uniforms

Well, it's navy, not black. Which is one of their colors.

I'd make the navy a tad-bit lighter then. It looks too close to black. I actually thought it was a BFBS uniform at first. 

37 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I'd make the navy a tad-bit lighter then. It looks too close to black. I actually thought it was a BFBS uniform at first. 

OK... it looks lighter on mine screen, but I can definitely tweak it.

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

card4_zpsd08awo3v.png

Regular home and road look good. Not sure about the alt or the Color Rush.

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Regular home and road look good. Not sure about the alt or the Color Rush.

Yeah, IMO "just OK' is about as good as a color rush uniform is gonna get.

As for the alt., it's a throwback to this;

1929_ChiCardinals.png

22 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, IMO "just OK' is about as good as a color rush uniform is gonna get.

As for the alt., it's a throwback to this;

1929_ChiCardinals.png

I knew it was a throwback; I'm just not crazy about the design. lol

I like the idea of throwing back to those uniforms, but (at least the way you've done it here) it reminds me way too much of the 49ers. I really like the rest of the set though.

1 hour ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

I like the idea of throwing back to those uniforms, but (at least the way you've done it here) it reminds me way too much of the 49ers. I really like the rest of the set though.

I can see that.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Another Buccaneers' concept.  This one gives them the chance to use a throwback;

buc1_zps3te8c864.png

Ooh, all-pewter alt, I like. I'd make their primary home red though.

On the Color Rush uniform, it looks like the numbers and uniforms are the same color. It's probably due to my color blindness, but try using a 2x double outline with white and orange. 

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You don't miss the creamcicle Bucs?

Well, sorta - but that's what the throwback is for. They've established a red primary identity over the years, and I think they need to keep it that way as long as pewter is the secondary. I don't think creamsicle orange is a strong enough color to work as a primary with all that dark pewter. JMO

With the Cardinals color rush, I think it would be ideal for eliminating white and going all out on the two tone red, especially with the numbers. Great work on some of these. Big fan of the Eagles. Really don't like that new Bucs logo though. Keep the flag red.

On 6/28/2017 at 8:48 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Another Buccaneers' concept.  This one gives them the chance to use a throwback;

buc1_zps3te8c864.png

I'll never understand why everyone is so in love with the Creamsicles. They weren't good uniforms and they weren't a good team wearing them. But if you must, this is a pretty inoffensive way to give them the throw back option. I echo the home base needing to be red and keeping the orange solely for the alt. I'd keep the flag red too.

Pretty cold on an all pewter alt. We already hate how Jacksonville looks in all gold, do we really want a duller version of that?

10 hours ago, SplashBoogie said:

I'll never understand why everyone is so in love with the Creamsicles. They weren't good uniforms and they weren't a good team wearing them. But if you must, this is a pretty inoffensive way to give them the throw back option. I echo the home base needing to be red and keeping the orange solely for the alt. I'd keep the flag red too.

I never had an overwhelming love of the creamsicles until this disastrous redesign. I guess the current Buccaneers look has soured me on the whole red and pewter look.  And for me, a red jersey paired with white helmets and pants would be out of the question... boring. The white/orange/white is looked back on fondly because it's unique, and at least as a color scheme, attractive.

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I never had an overwhelming love of the creamsicles until this disastrous redesign. I guess the current Buccaneers look has soured me on the whole red and pewter look.  And for me, a red jersey paired with white helmets and pants would be out of the question... boring. The white/orange/white is looked back on fondly because it's unique, and at least as a color scheme, attractive.

This look has grown on me. It's bold and unique...just the damn alarm clock numbers throw it off. If they had normal numbers but still with the chrome, it'd be perfect. But it's a forward enough look where for me the old sets just look plain. So we're just in disagreement there nothing wrong with that.

Well if you want a clean look White/Red/White gets the job done. If you want to be adventurous keep the pewter pants or have more creative striping. Maybe if the orange wasn't a yellow-orange and more of the orange the Broncos used to wear? It's just a very 70s look and pretty garish. There's really no balance it's just a bunch of unnecessary bright colors.

I think for the Bucs there's just too many colors competing at the same time. Think you should try getting rid of the red, pewter or orange because right now the amount of colors makes the design seem disjointed.