2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Cardinals are wearing their second new dugout jacket of the postseason. This one has the Birds on the Bat with the St. Louis wordmark. I like this one much better.

I noticed that too, but I really do not like the St. Louis wordmark. It looks awkward with the birds and the bat.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cardinals are wearing their second new dugout jacket of the postseason. This one has the Birds on the Bat with the St. Louis wordmark. I like this one much better.

Is it this reversible one?

pMLB2-16108349dt.jpg

Maybe. I didn't realize they were reversible. The Birds on the Bat logo looks bigger on the ones they're wearing though. Probably just a bad photoshop.

Yeah, that's definitely a bad photoshop.

Based on the MLB shop, all teams have two versions of that jacket - a regular one with just the wordmark like on the right of that graphic (the Brewers have one for their regular outfits and one for their retro alts), and an identical one that's reversible with a cap logo on the other side.

Based on the mlb.com shop it looks like its an inner shell and outer shell so it can be one heavier jacket together or a lighter jacket apart. The single bird one is the inner shell. Wonder if this is gonna replace having the lighter pullover and the heavier dugout jacket.

mets.png

Based on the mlb.com shop it looks like its an inner shell and outer shell so it can be one heavier jacket together or a lighter jacket apart. The single bird one is the inner shell. Wonder if this is gonna replace having the lighter pullover and the heavier dugout jacket.

I bet you're right.

I think I got "reversible" from the Brewers one, but I bet that it's actually a zip-out lining.

pMLB2-16108276dt.jpg

I noticed on Hatclub.com that the Cubs Game hat is on sale. They traditionally do not put hats on sale unless there is going to be a change the next season.

As far as I know the Cubs cap is staying exactly the same

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Too many teams are wearing red or navy. Mariners stood out with the teal and teal bills. Wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the teal crown caps from 1994-1996.

1995-home-teal2.jpg

YES! Please make a comeback.

+1. Once a week combo. Other teal jersey day it should be paired with the teal bill.

As for the Cubs, I hope they make significant changes to their road unis but stop there. No other changes necessary to that classic home set or the decent alternate.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I noticed on Hatclub.com that the Cubs Game hat is on sale. They traditionally do not put hats on sale unless there is going to be a change the next season.

As far as I know the Cubs cap is staying exactly the same

Wrigley Field anniversary patch?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I bet you're right.

I think I got "reversible" from the Brewers one, but I bet that it's actually a zip-out lining.

pMLB2-16108276dt.jpg

Not gonna lie, that gold Brewers one is ugly as hell. Looks even worse in person.

the cards new jackets say st.louis.......wonder if they will have both home and away jackets then, like the yankees and detroit have.............and will their grey away jerseys say st.louis as well next year............why else change the jacket............i really wonder :therock:

the cards new jackets say st.louis.......wonder if they will have both home and away jackets then, like the yankees and detroit have.............and will their grey away jerseys say st.louis as well next year............why else change the jacket............i really wonder :therock:

to promote the cream alternate, i don't wee them changing the regular home and aways any time soon

Not sure I'd be buying any more baseball hats if New Era lost the contract. 5950s are almost entirely the only hats I wear. I've never tried a Nike hat, and '47 hats are too dad-style for me.

I got a 2010 pro combat Boise State flat bill hat. Its Nike obviously, and my only complaint is that the bill is slightly too much wider than the hat. Other than that, its a really comfortable hat.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I bet you're right.

pMLB2-16108276dt.jpg

Not gonna lie, that gold Brewers one is ugly as hell. Looks even worse in person.

I don't doubt it. I don't like the gold jerseys, either.

I appreciate them wanting to step out of the endless parade of navy, but they really need to go back to athletic gold.

Tweaks - Pirates have a new primary but not necessarily anything else.

Too bad. That alternate needs tweaking badly.

Which alternate? The alternate white that says Pirates or the alternate gray that says Pittsburgh? :shocked: If they do tweak things, hopefully it's not color/color like the new BP is rumored (or not so rumored) to look.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived