2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't it two-tone before? It didn't match the two-tone orange star on the home caps?

No, it didn't match the homes. Glad they fixed it, that always bugged me about the new logos.

astros-hat-blue-orange.jpgastros-hat-orange.jpg

Ah, I hadn't realized. Thanks!

But man, that navy squatchee still bothers the hell out of me.

pMLB2-16644459dt.jpg

pMLB2-16644466dt.jpg

Hat D on the tigers home bp, but jersey D on the road bp. What the hell tigers???

I just picked up the Tigers 2014 home BP jersey and the "D" is what's on the home jersey. I wonder if the two diferent "Ds" was a concept? I haven't seen the road BP jersey yet.

is teal a troll, or does he just have the worst taste on these boards

WTF is your problem bruh?!!

Seriously....

ok obvious troll is obvious

Whatever dude.

Anyway sad that no MLB team is getting a complete re-brand.

yeah, miami should get a complete re-brand................

They should get a new owner. The new owner will then probably want to re-brand.

Failing that, I'd like to see black phased out more in favor of the "Marlin Blue" that is technically part of their current color set.

rY8HjAa.jpg1e4bGMD.jpg

I know this is an older post but I just joined the forum. Personally, I love this combo! I like the orange with the white and the blue with the grey. Maybe a blue hat with the road grey?

Wasn't it two-tone before? It didn't match the two-tone orange star on the home caps?

No, it didn't match the homes. Glad they fixed it, that always bugged me about the new logos.

I agree and I never noticed it wasn't until you just pointed that out. Makes me dislike that orange-billed road cap even more.

As a personal rule for hat design I think that if the bill is a contrasting color from the rest of the hat then the button should match the color of the bill. I can go either way on squatchee color if the entire hat is the same color. So for example the Mets orange squatchee on the all blue hat is okay with me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Say, McCarthy, I like what you did with the Padres script by tilting it and dropping the ocean-wave underline, but ocean-wave-inspired typography doesn't jibe with the mission-themed color scheme!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Seriously....

Whatever dude.

Failing that, I'd like to see black phased out more in favor of the "Marlin Blue" that is technically part of their current color set.

rY8HjAa.jpg1e4bGMD.jpg

I know this is an older post but I just joined the forum. Personally, I love this combo! I like the orange with the white and the blue with the grey. Maybe a blue hat with the road grey?

It is baffling to me that Miami uses so little of the color present in their logo. Black works in Brooklyn, but in Miami? The orange cap and jersey works (not used enough however), and I'd like to see yellow or that marlin blue. Go full gaudy.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Seriously....

Whatever dude.

rY8HjAa.jpg1e4bGMD.jpg

Unfortunately the Marlins won't get sold. Apparently Mickey Arison, owner of the Miami Heat, has called Jeffrey Loria several times to inquire about purchasing the team. He has been rebuffed each time. According to team officials, Loria "enjoys owning a team" and "has no plans to sell it." He's 73, so I'd guess he's got about 10 years before he starts to go senile?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Seriously....

Whatever dude.

rY8HjAa.jpg1e4bGMD.jpg

Unfortunately the Marlins won't get sold. Apparently Mickey Arison, owner of the Miami Heat, has called Jeffrey Loria several times to inquire about purchasing the team. He has been rebuffed each time. According to team officials, Loria "enjoys owning a team" and "has no plans to sell it." He's 73, so I'd guess he's got about 10 years before he starts to go senile?

He already is senile

I agree and I never noticed it wasn't until you just pointed that out. Makes me dislike that orange-billed road cap even more.

As a personal rule for hat design I think that if the bill is a contrasting color from the rest of the hat then the button should match the color of the bill. I can go either way on squatchee color if the entire hat is the same color. So for example the Mets orange squatchee on the all blue hat is okay with me.

I keep forgetting that the orange-billed hat is the road hat and the all-blue is the home. Seems to me that they should be switched.

It is baffling to me that Miami uses so little of the color present in their logo. Black works in Brooklyn, but in Miami? The orange cap and jersey works (not used enough however), and I'd like to see yellow or that marlin blue. Go full gaudy.

I agree. I hate pretty much everything about the Marlins' new set. However, if they wanted to go outlandish, go :censored:ing outlandish! Don't put a bunch of colors in your logo, claim you're paying a nod to Miami's brightness and neon lights, but then have the team wear black hats with black jerseys 75% of the time, just like you did with the previous set (which also featured an underutilized bright color).

I wasn't going to be happy with anything that got rid of the aqua (or didn't make it more prominent), but I still at least justify the direction they were going if they went full-out in their zaniness. But designing a crazy logo and wordmarks, then slapping them black jerseys and on the same single-piping template every team has used since 2000 doesn't scream "breaking the mold."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I keep forgetting that the orange-billed hat is the road hat and the all-blue is the home. Seems to me that they should be switched.

They slightly amended the rotation from just home/road. They are wearing the orange billed hats on Sundays at home with the BP's. They also wear the navy hats with the orange jerseys on the road. I think the all-orange is the only hat that is exclusively one or the other. It's the Saturday home hat.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Say, McCarthy, I like what you did with the Padres script by tilting it and dropping the ocean-wave underline, but ocean-wave-inspired typography doesn't jibe with the mission-themed color scheme!

I agree with you. I think the day I made that concept I was really trying to rush something out before the conversation changed and didn't feel like drawing an entire new Padres script.

That's one part about the concept that I'm open to changing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived