2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The twins half assed redesign did nothing to separate them from the metronome era. They need a more organic script at home, similar to the alts. Then a plain block MINNESTOA or a script like now but again more organic. They may also be a team that could benefit from losing white outlines on the road.

If I'm not mistaken, they don't currently have white outlines on their road set, except on the alt.

D'oh - you're right. Then I guess just the updated script would work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota's Metrodome roads were far superior to what they're wearing now. And that cream thing is atrocious.

Sure, we associate those roads with the late 80s/early 90s Kirby Puckett years. But how does a road uniform with thin lettering in the script (outlined in navy, no less) and pinstripes look good?

Or maybe I'm just biased since I belong to the "kill all road pinstripes" party.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Minnesota's Metrodome roads were far superior to what they're wearing now. And that cream thing is atrocious.

Sure, we associate those roads with the late 80s/early 90s Kirby Puckett years. But how does a road uniform with thin lettering in the script (outlined in navy, no less) and pinstripes look good?

Or maybe I'm just biased since I belong to the "kill all road pinstripes" party.

I don't know, but it did. Pinstripes for the Twins just works.

is teal a troll, or does he just have the worst taste on these boards

WTF is your problem bruh?!!

Seriously....

ok obvious troll is obvious

Whatever dude.

Anyway sad that no MLB team is getting a complete re-brand.

yeah, miami should get a complete re-brand................

Seriously....

Whatever dude.

They should get a new owner. The new owner will then probably want to re-brand.

Failing that, I'd like to see black phased out more in favor of the "Marlin Blue" that is technically part of their current color set.

rY8HjAa.jpg1e4bGMD.jpg

Cream isn't a bad color. It could look good if done right

It just would never work with the Mariners. IMO I wouldn't use cream and silver on the same uniform, nor would I use cream and yellow gold. For instance, the Brewers' throwback alts, those wouldn't look right if you made em cream instead of white. Yellow gold, true it's just outline on that jersey, but you'll still notice it. You'd be hard pressed to really notice it against a cream base.

If the idiots who want to shove the Mariners in cream were suggesting doing so to the Padres or Brewers instead, I'd be all for it, navy and old gold would actually work well with cream. While I could see the Brewers looking at least okay in a cream uni. By contrast, making any home uni the Mariners have ever had cream would look wrong.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What is the rules on rebrands in sports if an owner changes? Still the same.

Not sure of the exact numbers, but say Loria sold the team before the start of the next season, and the new owner wanted to do a rebrand. Would he have to wait another year or two, or could the changes take place immediately?

2ly2w09.jpg

Baseball doesn't need any more blue.

But baseball does need more color and that blue the Marlins use would be far more unique a hat color than BLACK.

Plus, it's almost sorta teal kinda so it'd be a nice nod to their early days.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What is the rules on rebrands in sports if an owner changes? Still the same.

Not sure of the exact numbers, but say Loria sold the team before the start of the next season, and the new owner wanted to do a rebrand. Would he have to wait another year or two, or could the changes take place immediately?

Nope. Same rules apply. Plus with a few tweaks, like number font and consistent coloring between the M and the other letters and maybe wearing the orange caps at home more often (day games), the Marlins have a solid identity.

Baseball doesn't need any more blue.

But baseball does need more color and that blue the Marlins use would be far more unique a hat color than BLACK.

Plus, it's almost sorta teal kinda so it'd be a nice nod to their early days.

More Marlins blue would be completely fine. What MLB doesn't need is more NAVY blue.

Seriously....

Whatever dude.

yes, back to the pinstripe teal look..........the black alternates were great too..........why oh why did they change , 2 times world champ flushed down the drain

Archived