2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're on the wrong site if you think talking about uniform design is a waste of time.

I never said it was a waste of time. I said I have other things in life to be concerned with. Frankly, I don't care if the Royals uniforms look like the Dodgers uniforms. I don't care if the Yankees are wearing their BP hats during a game, I don't care if the Diamonbacks are wearing their alternate jersey for the 17th game in a row, etc.

Nobody really cares that you don't care.

This site is for people that do care.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You're on the wrong site if you think talking about uniform design is a waste of time.

I never said it was a waste of time. I said I have other things in life to be concerned with. Frankly, I don't care if the Royals uniforms look like the Dodgers uniforms. I don't care if the Yankees are wearing their BP hats during a game, I don't care if the Diamonbacks are wearing their alternate jersey for the 17th game in a row, etc.

Then why are you here?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

So does New Era only offer a predetermined set of colors for caps? For example, if I started a franchise and wanted a specific custom shade of blue for my cap, would New Era not be able to comply?

Unless you did something like the original marlins and introduce a completely new shade/color that's not available in the new era palette they will likely force you into one of their existing fabrics despite a variance in pantone as the slight variations in shade/color are unlikely to go noticed by the average fan.

That's the Home Run Derby cap. Full collection here. They are all red, white and blue - AL caps are red, NL navy blue.

That's the Home Run Derby cap. Full collection here. They are all red, white and blue - AL caps are red, NL navy blue.

The Sox should use this with a new red-pinstriped uniform. Modern version of the 70s uniforms.

pMLB2-18431305_alternate1_dt.jpg

87Redskins.png

Seriously? Seriously?

Arrrrgghhhhh.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I believe the Royals wanted to be the "Dodgers of the Midwest" when it came to their uniforms and ballpark. At least I think that's what I've heard.

That's a good point. Kauffman Stadium is very much like Dodger Stadium, too. You could have done worse than emulating the Dodgers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I believe the Royals wanted to be the "Dodgers of the Midwest" when it came to their uniforms and ballpark. At least I think that's what I've heard.

That's a good point. Kauffman Stadium is very much like Dodger Stadium, too. You could have done worse than emulating the Dodgers.

Neither have seen championships since the 1980s, either.

I remember hearing or reading something once about the Royals/Dodgers thing. I can't recall what it's from, but it said something along the lines of they originally wanted to be the Monarchs, weren't allowed to, went with Royals instead, and looked at the Dodgers for inspiration. No idea if that's true.

I remember hearing or reading something once about the Royals/Dodgers thing. I can't recall what it's from, but it said something along the lines of they originally wanted to be the Monarchs, weren't allowed to, went with Royals instead, and looked at the Dodgers for inspiration. No idea if that's true.

Worth noting: Jackie Robinson played for the Kansas City Monarchs (Negro League) and the Montreal Royals (Brooklyn's AAA affiliate).

montreal-royals-1946-home-jersey.gif

Surely they knew the Monarchs played in KC when they were deciding on a name, which suggests they wanted some sort of link to the Negro League. If they were denied the choice to use Monarchs, did they decide to go with the name of Jackie Robinson's next team, the Montreal Royals, and use their identity and the Dodgers' identity as inspiration? I'm probably grasping at straws, but I think it's kind of interesting.

Worth noting: Jackie Robinson played for the Kansas City Monarchs (Negro League) and the Montreal Royals (Brooklyn's AAA affiliate).

montreal-royals-1946-home-jersey.gif

Surely they knew the Monarchs played in KC when they were deciding on a name, which suggests they wanted some sort of link to the Negro League. If they were denied the choice to use Monarchs, did they decide to go with the name of Jackie Robinson's next team, the Montreal Royals, and use their identity and the Dodgers' identity as inspiration? I'm probably grasping at straws, but I think it's kind of interesting.

From Wikipedia (and other sources have mentioned this too): The Royals name comes from the American Royal stock show held in Kansas City. But I'm not going to discard the Montreal Royals connection yet. I like how Montreal Royals is "Mount Royal Royals".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived