2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants will have a Duane Kuiper bobblehead promo. Weird to see one team have a giveaway with an item depicting another team's uniform.

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

Why are they giving away one of him as an Indian when he played for the Giants?

Also, I have a Joe DiMaggio bobble given out by the Giants a few years ago. Granted, he's in a Seals uniform, but still, DiMaggio beat the Giants in the WS more than a few times...

Anubis.png

The Giants will have a Duane Kuiper bobblehead promo. Weird to see one team have a giveaway with an item depicting another team's uniform.

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

Also, I have a Joe DiMaggio bobble given out by the Giants a few years ago. Granted, he's in a Seals uniform, but still, DiMaggio beat the Giants in the WS more than a few times.

To honor his one career home run with them.. yes seriously..

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

Also, I have a Joe DiMaggio bobble given out by the Giants a few years ago. Granted, he's in a Seals uniform, but still, DiMaggio beat the Giants in the WS more than a few times...

I think they're doing it as a joke. Kuiper hit 1 career homer with Cleveland and the Giants are going to commemorate the moment.

No!! While they have always been for sale, this just tells me they ARE going to dust these crappy hats off and probably put them in their away rotation. First it started with the black BP cap, then the black away BP jersey, now it seems as though we will see pinstriped, sleeveles unitorms again and the dark ages aren't far off... just like when they wore black at home in the early 2000's.

Why can't they follow the Rangers leave and just drop the black drop shadows, etc and go back to classic red and white. Black sells. It's a s simple as that. However, it looks horrible when you pair it with the REDS.

The Mariners will have a 'TBTC' game against the Astros. The Mariners, if I understand, will wear "1979" uniforms. My second favorite Mariners home uniform was the '77-'80 set. At least the sleeves will include a star trident logo! It was also on the batting helmet which unfortunately had a white front panel. I don't know whether or not the Astros will participate. The Astros have looked terrible for a generation but I'm tequila sunrised out. Hopefully they will wear something sensible with racing stripes.

The Mariners will have a 'TBTC' game against the Astros. The Mariners, if I understand, will wear "1979" uniforms. My second favorite Mariners home uniform was the '77-'80 set. At least the sleeves will include a star trident logo! It was also on the batting helmet which unfortunately had a white front panel. I don't know whether or not the Astros will participate. The Astros have looked terrible for a generation but I'm tequila sunrised out. Hopefully they will wear something sensible with racing stripes.

do you have a source?

No!! While they have always been for sale, this just tells me they ARE going to dust these crappy hats off and probably put them in their away rotation. First it started with the black BP cap, then the black away BP jersey, now it seems as though we will see pinstriped, sleeveles unitorms again and the dark ages aren't far off... just like when they wore black at home in the early 2000's.

Why can't they follow the Rangers leave and just drop the black drop shadows, etc and go back to classic red and white. Black sells. It's a s simple as that. However, it looks horrible when you pair it with the REDS.

I'll still have to see it to believe it. The writer didn't specifically say he had spoken with someone from the Reds about this. As was mentioned earlier, these caps have been an official option every year since the 2007 uniform change.

They will indeed.

The Mariners and Astros don throwback uniforms and the first 20,000 fans get a special retro poster thanks to Seattle Magazine.

So the 2014 shirts are out, I'm pretty sure the mariners thankfully are remaining the same.

But what is this? Do I spy a new majestic logo!? And jocktags on tshirts now?

pMLB2-16253204dt.jpg

I think that's a screened jock tag there at the bottom.

Yeah, I have an authentic collection Majestic tee from a few years ago that has a jocktag.

I don't really understand why it's fashionable or desirable to have "MLB AUTHENTIC COLLECTION" on the shirt? Is that a selling point to anyone?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't really understand why it's fashionable or desirable to have "MLB AUTHENTIC COLLECTION" on the shirt? Is that a selling point to anyone?

It's not desirable or even fashionable, but I am not against having it on my shirt. If the players are wearing the same shirt, that's what really matters to me

Go A's!

So the 2014 shirts are out, I'm pretty sure the mariners thankfully are remaining the same.

Ryan Divish mentioned that the Mariners would not be changing their logo or uniforms back in September. M's fans well have to wait another season I guess.

You say that as if they WANT the uniforms to change. I don't think most people share the same opinion as you.

Ryan Divish mentioned that the Mariners would not be changing their logo or uniforms back in September. M's fans well have to wait another season I guess.

You say that as if they WANT the uniforms to change. I don't think most people share the same opinion as you.

he does, he wants them to go back to the ugly blue and yellow uniforms from before and make them cream for no apparent reason

he does, he wants them to go back to the ugly blue and yellow uniforms from before and make them cream for no apparent reason

If you are going to speak for me, get your facts correct. I want the Mariners to get new uniforms, no question. Blue and gold is the preferred color scheme, not "yellow", but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping navy and teal as the primary colors. I hate cream uniforms. I would like to see an update of the 1981-86 home uniform and an update of the 1985 & 1986 road uniform or a composite of those uniforms and Ichiro era Orix Blue Wave for the Mariners' new look. I cannot stand contrived, generic "tradition".

I'll still have to see it to believe it. The writer didn't specifically say he had spoken with someone from the Reds about this. As was mentioned earlier, these caps have been an official option every year since the 2007 uniform change.

The "news" of the return of the black cap has now popped up in another location, but I wonder if the author is just repeating what he/she read elsewhere (i.e. the same link that was posted here)? Regardless, it has led to a discussion on a Reds message board.

After making some progress with the uniform change in 2007, the Reds now seem determined to see how bad they can look, with the introduction of the black BP jerseys and awful "Reds" script as evidence. If this is true about the black caps, it furthers the case. Man, I hate that the people in charge of Cincinnati's two sports teams have absolutely no taste.

Archived