2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Back to 39Thirty? Wow. I did not see them ditching the 59Fiftys so quickly.

The description says they are for game use:

This original Diamond Era technology has been carefully applied to New Era’s authentic 39THIRTY silhouette across all MLB teams. The unique collection will be worn by baseball players during Spring Training and Batting Practice for regular season games in the US.

Infused with NE TECH™ performance technology, the Diamond Era 39THIRTY is designed to stay cool when the game heats up. Made with light weight, breathable diamond patterned fabric, the Diamond Era 39THIRTY features SOLARERA™ technology to help deflect the sun’s unforgiving rays and COOLERA™ technology that wicks away sweat, allowing players to focus on optimal performance.

The Diamond Era collection features different logos and/or color combinations worn by MLB clubs, providing fans with exciting new looks for their favorite club.

The Diamond Era collection will be worn by all MLB clubs throughout the entire 2014 baseball season, starting with the Spring Training season and during Batting Practice.

Go A's!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These caps look like fashion caps at best. Especially since the ne logo is present. If they were for bp usage they would be sans the ne logo. The word reverse in the caps description gives me the impression they're fashion caps.

Even though the description specifically says they will be used by teams for this upcoming season? The only way I think this isn't for game use is if it was just an error of labeling. Other than that, the description confirms that they will be used for this season in games

Go A's!

That White Sox BP cap is an atrocity that should never appear on any professional ball field.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That White Sox BP cap is an atrocity that should never appear on any professional ball field.

Well, I hate to break it to you. Actually, I don't, but you're wrong and it will be on a field! And there's nothing you can do about it! :P

If baseball was in the para-olympics, this is the logo to use, looks like the bat and the players arm is connected with a pin (the red dot)

These caps look like fashion caps at best. Especially since the ne logo is present. If they were for bp usage they would be sans the ne logo. The word reverse in the caps description gives me the impression they're fashion caps.

Even though the description specifically says they will be used by teams for this upcoming season? The only way I think this isn't for game use is if it was just an error of labeling. Other than that, the description confirms that they will be used for this season in games

They're just fashion caps for now. If you look at the stickers on the brims, they're labeled with "Genuine Merchandise" instead of "Authentic Collection", and that Rockies purple 3930 has the CR logo on the back, not the batterman logo. The New Era logo on the hat gives it away too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Armageddon may be upon us. Could MLB be switching back to 3930s for BP next year WITH the NE logo? As for the Diamond Era 5950s (including all these new models) and the polyester game 5950s, I assume it's anyone's guess! Hopefully these Diamond Era 3930s are just customs, but the language on New Era's UK site is pretty vague. What do you all think?

http://www.neweracap.co.uk/the-new-diamond-era-39thirty-artldiamond/

http://www.neweracap.co.uk/diamond-era-deptdiamond39_pg1/

Probably just an option, for people who prefer 39thirty over 59fifty

Feels like Diamond Era caps are MLB's version of sleeved NBA jerseys -- all the new alts are going that way, like it or not.

The big difference is that the Diamond Era caps actually use unique logos and is made of great material. I personally wouldn't mind if they switched the Diamond Era to all hats as it's just a good feel and the logos look great.

That Pirates hat is kinda cool.

bSLCtu2.png

Armageddon may be upon us. Could MLB be switching back to 3930s for BP next year WITH the NE logo? As for the Diamond Era 5950s (including all these new models) and the polyester game 5950s, I assume it's anyone's guess! Hopefully these Diamond Era 3930s are just customs, but the language on New Era's UK site is pretty vague. What do you all think?

That would be my guess, and it seems like a no-brainer to provide 39thirty versions of authentic hats for people who prefer the flex-fit and curved-brim style.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

That would be my guess, and it seems like a no-brainer to provide 39thirty versions of authentic hats for people who prefer the flex-fit and curved-brim style.

Yeah, this makes the most sense. I'd wager that the majority of the previous BP cap sales were to people who dislike the square head look of the 59fifty and prefer the 39thirty style. NE probably saw a lot of those sales go away last year.

Anubis.png

Archived