2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

If the A's went with gold-on-white on the jersey...then the hats don't work. They have a hat (normal away hat) that has gold-with-no-white on green, which wouldn't match the jersey. Or they could have introduced a gold-on-white green hat, which, to many, would be about as pointless as the Pirates' double-outlined P cap.

I can see why they went with white-on-gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO, the previous gold-on-white unis looked just fine with the regular caps. It really doesn't bother me that they didn't have the white outline as well. Any additional caps would really be unnecessary. Here's a picture of the old set:

1380411440000-GTY-182221003.jpg

The as don't need any cap other thn their home for any of their uniforms. Their home cap is just about perfect. If it was just an A it'd be perfect (for them).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The biggest problem with Oakland's new alt is that it emphasizes the white over the gold. I don't mind that they want to push the "A's" logo, but they should at least do it with the right color combos. If it would be in gold w/ white outlines on a green base, I think it would be just as nice as (if not better than) the old ones.

Agree, and imagine if the Pirates did the same thing, White P with gold outline......everybody would freak out, since it would look terrible

Let me add: famous LA Lakers are Purple and Gold, Pirates are Black and Gold (yellow acord. to Wiz Khalifa ) and Oakland are Green and Gold , not Green and White.

That´s why i think they done :censored:ed up this jersey.

still okay, but could be a whole lot better

IMO, nothing looks worse than when a team doesn't follow the traditional "team name at home, city name on the road" protocol. To me, it looks minor league and cheap when a team doesn't do it and reflects a lack of pride in the city they represent.

This...QbGVyKC.pngca0jVlk.pngGirQf9j.png

....looks a lot better than this:7xPp3Ak.png3yZIaHo.png5Z40Eo8.png

The Marlins wear Miami on all their jerseys except the orange.

The Rangers wear TEXAS on ALL their jerseys....

Yeah, I hate this across all sports. The Nets and Pelicans have BROOKLYN and NEW ORLEANS on both their jerseys basically because they think their brand is crap compared to their city. No one cares about Nets and Pelicans but hipster dumbasses LOVE Brooklyn and New Orleans! Meanwhile the Rangers have the whole TEXAS TEXAS DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS YALL superiority complex, and isn't the MIAMI thing for the Marlins part of the whole "yeah sorry for ripping you off for a $400 million stadium for a crap team" deal?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Why haven't the Yankees put 'Yankees' on their home uniforms yet? They're not the NY's, they're the Yankees! Every team should always wear their team name at home and their city name on the road! Always! City pride! Traditional protocol!

Let me add: famous LA Lakers are Purple and Gold, Pirates are Black and Gold (yellow acord. to Wiz Khalifa ) and Oakland are Green and Gold , not Green and White.

What do the Lakers have to do with anything?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What do the Lakers have to do with anything?

Becoz some people call them the purple and gold , not purple and white.

Like the Raiders are black and silver.

A´s main logo is a yellow A, not white .

I spoke to Dr. Charles Steinberg at a Red Sox World Series trophy rally this morning. He said there is a special jersey being worked upon for the ring ceremony/Opening Day. He said gold would likely be a part of it, but he added that the organization wasn't thrilled with the first prototype, so we'll see!

I think Philly would be better.

Then San Francisco should have a Frisco jersey. It'd be just as bad.

Do Philadelphians not use "Philly"? I only know one, and he does, but that's an admittedly tiny sample size.

I live about midway between NY and Philly. Everyone says Philly.

Anubis.png

Yeah, and I don't like that either. The hometown fans already know where their team plays, it doesn't really need to be showcased in front of them.

It's not the 1940s anymore. The hometown fans know where the visiting team is from, because it's written on scoreboards all over the ballpark and they more than likely saw who the opponent was when they booked their tickets. If there's still any doubt, they can take a gander at that little booklet they were handed on the way in. I believe it's called a program.

Agreed. The team city name is less of a necessity today, but I don't think there needs to be a "rule" about team names v. city/state names on jerseys. Teams should do what works best for them aesthetically or traditionally. Long city/state names don't always look good on jerseys. The Yankees have tradition with "NY" on their home shirts. The Tigers look good with their classic "D". In my formative years, the Mets, Cards, & Dodgers wore their team names on both home and away jerseys, and I personally like this. I think the Texas wordmark looks better on jerseys than their old Rangers wordmarks.

One thing I have learned on this forum is that residents of major league markets (unlike myself) seem to like the city/state names on the road uniforms. I can appreciate where they are coming from. I just have a different perspective.

Personally, I would like to see more use of initials on away jerseys: TC-Minnesota, KC-Kansas City, SD-San Diego, etc. IMO, it provides a cleaner more traditional look. Long city/state names on jerseys is probably my biggest uniform peeve.

To each his/her own opinion. It's not like we are curing cancer or creating World Peace on this forum. It is a nice escape from the stresses of life however.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived