2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

Today was Troy Tulowitzki Player Collectible Jersey day at Coors Field. What could possibly go wrong?

http://deadspin.com/the-rockies-are-giving-away-misspelled-troy-tulowitzki-1611506853

The little NOB graphic advertising the giveaway on the Rockies site is misspelled too.

nnsS1ya.jpg

http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=col

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is a "collectible" jersey?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave Kingman uniforms on Greg Maddux's induction weekend. This team can't do a single thing right. Not one single thing.

I'm telling you this as a White Sox fan: this is a bad look for you. Take a rest on this one for a couple weeks/months/seasons.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Dave Kingman uniforms on Greg Maddux's induction weekend. This team can't do a single thing right. Not one single thing.

I'm telling you this as a White Sox fan: this is a bad look for you. Take a rest on this one for a couple weeks/months/seasons.
I've hammered the Cubs org plenty in recent years, but I find no fault in this.

They have a schedule and are sticking to it. Each homestand gets a different decade to celebrate and the Sundays get that decade's throwback.

And sorry, Maddux is a Brave, no matter how hard the Cubs try to claim him.

But otherwise I'm with you on the Cubs' business incompetence.

Today was Troy Tulowitzki Player Collectible Jersey day at Coors Field. What could possibly go wrong?

http://deadspin.com/the-rockies-are-giving-away-misspelled-troy-tulowitzki-1611506853

The little NOB graphic advertising the giveaway on the Rockies site is misspelled too.

nnsS1ya.jpg

A screen-printed cheaply made jersey, using the wrong font.

8naQtYr.jpg

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Astros wore their Saturday look today, home whites with orange cap and accessories, instead of the usual BP/road cap Sunday combination.

I'm trying to get info from the Astros' beat writer to confirm, but it looks like they did it because the Marlins didn't bring the grey jerseys, so the Astros changed to the Saturday combo to avoid the navy/black clash.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

How hard is it to apply outlines outside the path? Or just offset the path? That W….that K...

However, by misspelling the name, they did a great job of deflecting attention away from this problem.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

nnsS1ya.jpg

A screen-printed cheaply made jersey, using the wrong font.

8naQtYr.jpg

So, counterfeit quality under an official name? That's logical (eyeroll)...

The name screw-up is inexcusable, but I wouldn't expect anything close to authentic quality at a free giveaway.

I know, but that bad of quality is kind of an insult to the fans who pay almost hundreds of dollars to go to the game.

The name screw-up is inexcusable, but I wouldn't expect anything close to authentic quality at a free giveaway.

I know, but that bad of quality is kind of an insult to the fans who pay almost hundreds of dollars to go to the game.

Was there a price increase just for this game? If not then it doesn't really matter. I'm sure very few (if any) bought tickets just to get this shirt or any other non-collectible (i.e. bobblehead) giveaway. It's just like an added bonus.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nobody should be paying close to $100 just for this giveaway

Go A's!

Since the Cardinals wore uniforms similar to what they wore in 1978 on Sunday (just gray instead of powder blue) against the Cubs in their throwbacks, does anyone know if the Orioles will be wearing Cal Ripken Jr. era 1994 uniforms against the Cubs on August 28, when the Cubs wear their throwbacks from '94? I'm gaining a bit of interest in that game since I bought a replica '94 Cubs throwback jersey from this season.

Here's what the Cubs will be wearing: Chicago-Cubs-1994-Throwback-Jersey-20141g7d4maqepgpq142we4issf6ty.gif

Could this be what the Orioles will be wearing?:ikjdp6f4re1heff0ea9vdw2ml.gif

Since the Cardinals wore uniforms similar to what they wore in 1978 on Sunday (just gray instead of powder blue) against the Cubs in their throwbacks, does anyone know if the Orioles will be wearing Cal Ripken Jr. era 1994 uniforms against the Cubs on August 28, when the Cubs wear their throwbacks from '94? I'm gaining a bit of interest in that game since I bought a replica '94 Cubs throwback jersey from this season.

Here's what the Cubs will be wearing: Chicago-Cubs-1994-Throwback-Jersey-20141g7d4maqepgpq142we4issf6ty.gif

Most likely, seeing as that Orioles hat is included in the New Era special event section this year and has been for sale all season. Unless they're wearing them for a home game and I missed it...

I hope they wear them, because that script is beautiful.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived