2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God.

Have every team wear a patch for a whole month honouring a guy who's STILL ON THE GODDAMN TEAM, all the while treating him as if he were the Second Coming? Only the Yankees would do this sort of crap.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Does anyone have any idea what the Cubs are talking about with plans to wear "2008 home throwbacks" this Sunday? That uni is identical to what they wear now...

http://vineline.mlblogs.com/2014/08/29/2000s-homestand-promotions-and-guests-9114-9714/

They're just wanting to go back to the "glory days" :D

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'm afraid that every all-star level baseball player will now spend their final year on an interminable, annoying retirement tour. David Ortiz. Albert Pujols. Joe Mauer. CC Sabathia. The madness will know no end.

Joe Mauer has spent the past three years orbiting the earth after completely falling off its face. He recently re-entered the atmosphere, as he was present to go 0-4 against the Sox yesterday. He's so far removed from his greatness that when he retires, people will say "he was still playing?" CC was never at the level of Jeter, and his shape (round) is finally starting to show that he'll spend the rest of his career similar to how Mauer will. Pujols doesn't seem to be nearly the media darling since leaving StL, although his poor performance plays a large part of that. He has a chance to get back to that level, but the I don't think we'll see another six month long media BJ for anyone not in pinstripes.

I get the feeling that a lot of players actually hate Ortiz. Fun, wacky, party-party guy smiling for the camera, until things don't go his way, at which point he acts like a huge bitch. He's basically a Latino Nick Swisher, with a whole bunch of steroids.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

According to Uni Watch, reports are that they'll be wearing their regular uniforms, just without the "Wrigley 100" patches.

The Cubs are such a bunch of dinks now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh God.

Have every team wear a patch for a whole month honouring a guy who's STILL ON THE GODDAMN TEAM, all the while treating him as if he were the Second Coming? Only the Yankees would do this sort of crap.

The Orioles did it for Cal, and the Braves for Chipper.

Archived