Photo

2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

2014 MLB

• Please log in to reply
2422 replies to this topic

#1081 PhantomDreamer

PhantomDreamer

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 17:37

The Giants will have a Duane Kuiper bobblehead promo. Weird to see one team have a giveaway with an item depicting another team's uniform.

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

#1082 zpqmaowl

zpqmaowl
  • Not a member

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

• Favourite Logos:2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Posted January 24, 2014 - 17:51

From the Dodgers, this past year:
QNkxNOm.png

QUMQLlw.png

#1083 Bouj

Bouj

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 18:56

From the Dodgers, this past year:
QNkxNOm.png

At least that happened at Dodger Stadium.

Go Astros!
Go Texans!
Go Rockets!
Go Javelinas!

#1084 Anubis2051

Anubis2051

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 19:54

The Giants will have a Duane Kuiper bobblehead promo. Weird to see one team have a giveaway with an item depicting another team's uniform.

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

Why are they giving away one of him as an Indian when he played for the Giants?

Also, I have a Joe DiMaggio bobble given out by the Giants a few years ago. Granted, he's in a Seals uniform, but still, DiMaggio beat the Giants in the WS more than a few times...

Anubis.png

#1085 The Golden One

The Golden One

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 20:00

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

Also, I have a Joe DiMaggio bobble given out by the Giants a few years ago. Granted, he's in a Seals uniform, but still, DiMaggio beat the Giants in the WS more than a few times.

To honor his one career home run with them.. yes seriously..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1086 PhantomDreamer

PhantomDreamer

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 20:02

BexwAa8CMAAHrnT.jpg

Also, I have a Joe DiMaggio bobble given out by the Giants a few years ago. Granted, he's in a Seals uniform, but still, DiMaggio beat the Giants in the WS more than a few times...
I think they're doing it as a joke. Kuiper hit 1 career homer with Cleveland and the Giants are going to commemorate the moment.

#1087 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 20:47

And Cincinnati's black hats are now "back" - http://cincinnati.co...-in-black-hats/

No!! While they have always been for sale, this just tells me they ARE going to dust these crappy hats off and probably put them in their away rotation. First it started with the black BP cap, then the black away BP jersey, now it seems as though we will see pinstriped, sleeveles unitorms again and the dark ages aren't far off... just like when they wore black at home in the early 2000's.

Why can't they follow the Rangers leave and just drop the black drop shadows, etc and go back to classic red and white. Black sells. It's a s simple as that. However, it looks horrible when you pair it with the REDS.

#1088 PhantomDreamer

PhantomDreamer

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 21:28

The Mariners will have a 'TBTC' game against the Astros. The Mariners, if I understand, will wear "1979" uniforms. My second favorite Mariners home uniform was the '77-'80 set. At least the sleeves will include a star trident logo! It was also on the batting helmet which unfortunately had a white front panel. I don't know whether or not the Astros will participate. The Astros have looked terrible for a generation but I'm tequila sunrised out. Hopefully they will wear something sensible with racing stripes.

#1089 wonderbread

wonderbread

• Members
  • 2,183 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 21:34

The Mariners will have a 'TBTC' game against the Astros. The Mariners, if I understand, will wear "1979" uniforms. My second favorite Mariners home uniform was the '77-'80 set. At least the sleeves will include a star trident logo! It was also on the batting helmet which unfortunately had a white front panel. I don't know whether or not the Astros will participate. The Astros have looked terrible for a generation but I'm tequila sunrised out. Hopefully they will wear something sensible with racing stripes.

do you have a source?

#1090 PhantomDreamer

PhantomDreamer

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 22:00

The Mariners released their '14 promo schedule yesterday.

#1091 Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 23:23

And Cincinnati's black hats are now "back" - http://cincinnati.co...-in-black-hats/

No!! While they have always been for sale, this just tells me they ARE going to dust these crappy hats off and probably put them in their away rotation. First it started with the black BP cap, then the black away BP jersey, now it seems as though we will see pinstriped, sleeveles unitorms again and the dark ages aren't far off... just like when they wore black at home in the early 2000's.

Why can't they follow the Rangers leave and just drop the black drop shadows, etc and go back to classic red and white. Black sells. It's a s simple as that. However, it looks horrible when you pair it with the REDS.

I'll still have to see it to believe it.  The writer didn't specifically say he had spoken with someone from the Reds about this.  As was mentioned earlier, these caps have been an official option every year since the 2007 uniform change.

#1092 OMMF

OMMF
  • CCSLC Night Crew leader?

• Members
  • 5,426 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 02:33

They will indeed.

The Mariners and Astros don throwback uniforms and the first 20,000 fans get a special retro poster thanks to Seattle Magazine.

Posted Image

#1093 AstroBull21

AstroBull21

• Members
  • 10,026 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 12:12

So the 2014 shirts are out, I'm pretty sure the mariners thankfully are remaining the same.

But what is this? Do I spy a new majestic logo!? And jocktags on tshirts now?

pMLB2-16253204dt.jpg

I think that's a screened jock tag there at the bottom.  

Yeah, I have an authentic collection Majestic tee from a few years ago that has a jocktag.

Posted Image

#1094 BringBackTheVet

BringBackTheVet
  • 35 - 0, 29 KO

• Members
  • 17,799 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 12:28

I don't really understand why it's fashionable or desirable to have "MLB AUTHENTIC COLLECTION" on the shirt?  Is that a selling point to anyone?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

#1095 phutmasterflex

phutmasterflex

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 12:39

I don't really understand why it's fashionable or desirable to have "MLB AUTHENTIC COLLECTION" on the shirt?  Is that a selling point to anyone?

It's not desirable or even fashionable, but I am not against having it on my shirt. If the players are wearing the same shirt, that's what really matters to me

Posted Image

#1096 rxmc89

rxmc89

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 13:54

So the 2014 shirts are out, I'm pretty sure the mariners thankfully are remaining the same.

Ryan Divish mentioned that the Mariners would not be changing their logo or uniforms back in September. M's fans well have to wait another season I guess.

You say that as if they WANT the uniforms to change. I don't think most people share the same opinion as you.

#1097 wonderbread

wonderbread

• Members
  • 2,183 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 15:54

Ryan Divish mentioned that the Mariners would not be changing their logo or uniforms back in September. M's fans well have to wait another season I guess.

You say that as if they WANT the uniforms to change. I don't think most people share the same opinion as you.

he does, he wants them to go back to the ugly blue and yellow uniforms from before and make them cream for no apparent reason

#1098 PhantomDreamer

PhantomDreamer

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 19:33

he does, he wants them to go back to the ugly blue and yellow uniforms from before and make them cream for no apparent reason

If you are going to speak for me, get your facts correct. I want the Mariners to get new uniforms, no question. Blue and gold is the preferred color scheme, not "yellow", but I wouldn't be opposed to keeping navy and teal as the primary colors. I hate cream uniforms. I would like to see an update of the 1981-86 home uniform and an update of the 1985 & 1986 road uniform or a composite of those uniforms and Ichiro era Orix Blue Wave for the Mariners' new look. I cannot stand contrived, generic "tradition".

#1099 the admiral

the admiral
  • BALEETED

• Members
  • 18,778 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 19:41

The Mariners, if I understand, will wear "1979" uniforms.

And we don't even care.
Indeed the perception of hockey outside of Canada can be cruel as the world sees it as a bunch of thugs on skates fighting each other while a band of drunken hooligans watch and it only matters during the Winter Olympics even though nobody really cares about that version of the Olympics.

#1100 Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 16:20

I'll still have to see it to believe it.  The writer didn't specifically say he had spoken with someone from the Reds about this.  As was mentioned earlier, these caps have been an official option every year since the 2007 uniform change.

The "news" of the return of the black cap has now popped up in another location, but I wonder if the author is just repeating what he/she read elsewhere (i.e. the same link that was posted here)?  Regardless, it has led to a discussion on a Reds message board.

After making some progress with the uniform change in 2007, the Reds now seem determined to see how bad they can look, with the introduction of the black BP jerseys and awful "Reds" script as evidence.  If this is true about the black caps, it furthers the case.  Man, I hate that the people in charge of Cincinnati's two sports teams have absolutely no taste.