2013 MLB Discussion Thread, Redux

Brian in Boston

When replay exists in 2014, we can re-visit it then, but that's nothing in the realm of the usual "blown calls".

I would never consider that call a "blown call". The ball easily beat the play and the runner made no attempt to avoid the tag (or collision, as it were). Replay or not, that should always be an out.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see the Molina tag again, it looks like Ellis' left elbow touched the glove. If that is the case, the the TBS broadcasters need to STFU. Well they need to anyway, but...

Edit: Found this photo, looks pretty simple to me, but then again I'm a Cardinals fan...

mark-ellis-yadier-molina-tag-1.jpg

This.

It was the one angle where I could definitely see that Yadi tagged him. At first I didn't think he did either but here you can see the glove is touching Ellis' elbow.

Even without replay to confirm it, How could you even call the runner safe in that situation when he tried to run over the catcher, who had the ball secured, anyway?

The Tigers have a giant horseshoe up their ass. Ever since Mr. Biogenesis hit the 3-run HR in game 4 against Oakland, they have virtually had everything go their way.

Can't believe these idiots are the reigning AL pennant winners. They can't keep dodging these bullets forever.

The Tigers have a giant horseshoe up their ass. Ever since Mr. Biogenesis hit the 3-run HR in game 4 against Oakland, they have virtually had everything go their way.

Can't believe these idiots are the reigning AL pennant winners. They can't keep dodging these bullets forever.

Oh give it a rest. I freaking love how Red Sox players (*cough*DavidOrtiz*cough*) seem to get every free pass in the book for their drug use while players on the 29 other teams get thrown under the bus.

Double standards. Un-friggen-real.

spacer.png

We get it, you hate everything Detroit. But quit being a depressing troll about it

I have no idea what the hell Detroit did to Buffalo, but this is not healthy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived