Sign in to follow this  
TorinK92

Future/Proposed Skyscrapers

TorinK92    303

I was wondering if there was any other architecture fans or people who are interested in their city's skyline on this board who might know of any future high-rises in their city, whether proposed, approved, or under construction.

In Ottawa, the tallest approved future building would be Claridge Icon in Little Italy (which is looking like it'll be quite a built up area in the future.) It's supposed to be a residential building with retail and commercial on the bottom floors, and at 45 floors it would be by far the highest building in the city. It's expected to be finished by 2017.

claridge-icon-1.jpg

I think it looks nice. Any thoughts or your own news about these..

TorinK92    303

Kind of, but the fact that something will actually get built in Ottawa will really outweigh the aesthetic functionality of the building.

Generic    25

Are you a member of skyscraperspage? If not, definitely check it out, it'll be right up your alley.

Sodboy13    2,641

Hint: all skyscrapers are penises.

The Smurfit-Stone Building at Randolph & Michigan says otherwise.

Also, the Sears Tower was originally visualized with a handful of cigarettes, so it is, in fact, a clustercock.

Mings    577

You are right. Smurfit Stone is definitely a vagina. You can probably throw Aqua into that category as well.

I'll rephrase. In the golden age of skyscrapers , they were all penises. They were to CEOs as Porsches are to middle managers with midlife crises.

Mings    577

The Smurfit-Stone Building at Randolph & Michigan says otherwise.

Uncircumcised.

Remember kids, no ladies like that surprise.

TorinK92    303

The CN Tower was just overcompensation from Canada, although the Golden Horseshoe is about the same size as Florida...

illwauk    420

Northwestern Mutual is building a 32-story tower on the lakefront to serve as their new Milwaukee headquarters.

northwesternmutualtower_fullsize_story1.

DScruggy729    266

I heard a while ago there was a tower to be built in Tokyo that was supposed to be 12,000 feet tall and have 800 floors.Nikitin-4000-Tokyo-Tower_project_skyline

Highly doubt that thing ever gets built.