NBA Teams who need new Uniforms

ror1997

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bulls should have a black, pinstripe-less alternate with a Chicago script on the front. The pinstripe is just a throwback.

The Nets making the blue or white New York Nets jersey as an alternate would be cool. They usually wear one or the other while playing games at Nassau.

It'd be nice to see the Raptors have a throwback on hand for some home games.

The Clippers are so close to hitting the mark, their current alternate (ignoring the sleeves) is really great looking. Chop the sleeves and it's good. It could be adapted into the away and make a home version but I personally think what they have is mostly fine. Great seeing the baby blue though.

Bucks could deal for some more flair in the uniforms and maybe a new illustration of the Buck for the logo. The beveled scripts look good to me.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

A lot...

No change:

Boston Celtics

Chicago Bulls

Los Angeles Lakers

Washington Wizards

Golden State Warriors

New York Knicks

San Antonio Spurs

Cleveland Cavaliers

Slight Change:

Portland Trail Blazers

Denver Nuggets

Indiana Pacers

Brooklyn Nets

Sacramento Kings

Utah Jazz

Miami Heat

Phoenix Suns

Minnesota Timberwolves

Milwaukee Bucks

Major Change:

Philadelphia 76ers

Charlotte Bobcats

Atlanta Hawks

Orlando Magic

New Orleans Pelicans

Los Angeles Clippers

Dallas Mavericks

Detroit Pistons

Memphis Grizzlies

Oklahoma City Thunder

Toronto Raptors

Houston Rockets

Bucks could deal for some more flair in the uniforms and maybe a new illustration of the Buck for the logo. The beveled scripts look good to me.

I think there may already be something in the works for the Bucks...like bringing back the Irish rainbow. They just unveiled the new court, using a lot less red, and the lime green has made a re-appearance in some places on their team website.

Slight change for the Heat? Like what? Their jerseys sell like hotcakes, and the look has always been pretty good.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If we're talking about teams that NEED new uniforms, I can only think of a handful of them.

- Oklahoma City

- L.A. Clippers (and logo... and color scheme)

- Toronto

- maybe Houston

... that's about it. Every other team just needs maybe a tweak OR is already changing next season anyway.
It's the NBA, folks. You see the same teams change uniforms like very 4-5 years.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

No Change:

Lakers

Bulls

NETs

Pistons

Celtics

Spurs

Blazers

Grizzlies

Slight Change

Raptors

Mavs

Bucks

Warriors

Pelicans

Rockets

Hawks

Knicks

T-Wolves

Wizards

Nuggets

Heat

Suns

Major Change

OKC

Pacers

Kings

Clippers

Cavs

Bobcats (No change if switch to last uniform worn by Hornets)

Sixers

Magic

Jazz

Overall, I'd like to see the slight changes mix in their throwback colors with their modern colors via an alternate. For the major change category I'd like to see complete overhaul but no color changes. I really hate when teams change colors. It completely destroys their brand.

Teams, that really have to create some new unis are imo:

- Bucks

- Grizzlies

- Heat (I really can't see these anymore)

- Magic

- Mavericks

- Pacers

- Rockets

- Raptors

- Sixers

- Suns

- Warriors

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I think if I were the Kings, I would like to see them go back to the basic royal blue and red jerseys. And become more unique by putting the players' names on the back on the jerseys BELOW the numbers like they did in Kansas City, and their first few years in Sacramento. If the WNBA, D-League, and even some D-I universities are allowed to do so, why can't the NBA? I really liked those uniforms, and those were set totally different than the normal jerseys every NBA team has now. Bring them back, with a more modern look.

ron_behagen_1975_01_01.jpg

3lf_display_image.jpg?1282708806

You get the idea.

^^^^^ NO. ^^^^^^

No more teams with red white and blue. If they change from purple please go back to KC colors like sky blue red and white aka Kenny Smith 90 dunk contest or Reggie Theus Kings

8d93bbd7fb3be4f617d63d7970be3cebc0c01f17

Theus2.jpg

Home jerseys I see were red white and dark blue ..I say change the blue to sky blue or diff shade of blue or red and it could work .. just my opinion. No more red white and blue teams . More green, purple or even teal!

shado_logo.gif

I don't understand the dislike for the Thunder's uniforms. They have a unique and distinctive color set that works. Their logo might be a myriad of nothingness, but the logo can be changed without the uniforms being altered.

I think if I were the Kings, I would like to see them go back to the basic royal blue and red jerseys. And become more unique by putting the players' names on the back on the jerseys BELOW the numbers like they did in Kansas City, and their first few years in Sacramento. If the WNBA, D-League, and even some D-I universities are allowed to do so, why can't the NBA? I really liked those uniforms, and those were set totally different than the normal jerseys every NBA team has now. Bring them back, with a more modern look.

ron_behagen_1975_01_01.jpg

3lf_display_image.jpg?1282708806

You get the idea.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't think there are that many teams that NEED new uniforms, but the teams that come to mind are ...

>>> Sacramento (I love the idea of going back to a throwback design).

>>> Milwaukee (Return the Irish Rainbow jerseys).

>>> Houston (I don't mind the look, but I like the idea of gold returning).

I might add the Pelicans on this list too. I am NOT a fan of their recent change. Too small of a font and the numbers are too big.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived