BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JaMikePA said:

The Expedition League unveiled the Pierre Trappers and the Souris Valley Sabre Dogs this morning:

pierre-trappers-logo.jpg?w=500&h=373

 

That Trappers logo is cool, if a bit too detailed. I like the "zig-zag" in the wordmark. Being from Fort Pierre originally (just across the Missouri River) I approve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Trappers and HorseHeads have affiliated minor league quality logos in a summer college league universe where I basically expect clip art.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Names and logos for two more teams in the summer collegiate Expedition League have been revealed.

 

The team in Spearfish, South Dakota has been named the Spearfish Sasquatch, with the team in Dickinson, North Dakota being dubbed the Badlands Big Sticks.

Also, the Hastings, Nebraska-based team has confirmed that it will be be known as the Hastings Sodbusters.

Logos for all eight of the Expedition League's teams can be found here.

Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions is responsible for designing the logos of the Aberdeen Hotshots, Casper Horseheads and the Western Nebraska Pioneers. Ross Johnson of Ross Johnson Design Company has been credited with producing the logo for the Souris Valley Sabre Dogs.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything on the MiLB front? It’s seems too quiet for just after the season....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lilben777 said:

Anything on the MiLB front? It’s seems too quiet for just after the season....

 

Fayetteville Baseball Club LLC - operating as the Buies Creek Astros until they move into a new downtown Fayetteville, NC ballpark in 2019 - has submitted applications to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for protection on the names Fayetteville Fatbacks and Fayetteville Woodpeckers. Those were two of the names that - along with Fayetteville Fly TrapsFayetteville Jumpers, and Fayetteville Wood Dogs - were part of a "Name the Team" contest that the team conducted last year.

Team officials have tentative plans to reveal the name during the week of December 4th.


http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171017/fayetteville-fatbacks-woodpeckers-itll-be-one-of-them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

 

Fayetteville Baseball Club LLC - operating as the Buies Creek Astros until they move into a new downtown Fayetteville, NC ballpark in 2019 - has submitted applications to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for protection on the names Fayetteville Fatbacks and Fayetteville Woodpeckers. Those were two of the names that - along with Fayetteville Fly TrapsFayetteville Jumpers, and Fayetteville Wood Dogs - were part of a "Name the Team" contest that the team conducted last year.

Team officials have tentative plans to reveal the name during the week of December 4th.


http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20171017/fayetteville-fatbacks-woodpeckers-itll-be-one-of-them

 

I kinda like the Fatbacks. I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, Brian in Boston said:

Names and logos for two more teams in the summer collegiate Expedition League have been revealed.

 

The team in Spearfish, South Dakota has been named the Spearfish Sasquatch, with the team in Dickinson, North Dakota being dubbed the Badlands Big Sticks.

Also, the Hastings, Nebraska-based team has confirmed that it will be be known as the Hastings Sodbusters.

Logos for all eight of the Expedition League's teams can be found here.

Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions is responsible for designing the logos of the Aberdeen Hotshots, Casper Horseheads and the Western Nebraska Pioneers. Ross Johnson of Ross Johnson Design Company has been credited with producing the logo for the Souris Valley Sabre Dogs.    

They deleted the picture soon after I commented asking about Brandon and Dickinson's teams...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Twitter, the G-Braves have been [accidentally?] confirmed as becoming the Buttons. 

 

I made Brandiose (because it's going to be Brandiose) a vision board for the new look.

 

UiGCQYJ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bridgeport (CT) Bluefish of the Atlantic League officially folded after losing the lease on their stadium. The "Road Warriors" have now be re-established for the 2018 season. A new team in High Point, NC is to be coming to take the place of the defunct Bridgeport club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have to go with Fatbacks. Brandiose just did the design for the inaccurately named "Down East Wood Ducks" and it would be too confusing to have two forest-related fowl mascots in the same league and region of North Carolina. Of course, if I'm wrong then expect something like this:

 

Down_East_Wood_Ducks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Sacramento RiverCats alternate cap. Considering I work directly with the SRFC Tower Bridge Battalion, I kind of have to get this. 

15yeo1d.jpg.c7af3d3ecdb33f050ab63aa7b4e9aef3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 8:51 PM, Big Yellow Flag said:

They should've moved to Newark, it's just been made 100% official that Bears & Eagles Riverfront Stadium is going to be demolished for condos.

 

Damn, I miss those Bears.

 

I do, too.

Image result for tim cain bears   Image result for ozzie canseco newark bears

 


Image result for jose lima newark bears    Image result for rickey henderson newark bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The summer collegiate Prospect League's Hannibal, Missouri-based team has unveiled its identity. The team will be known as the Hannibal Hoots. Team colors are black, yellow, grey and white. The club's mascot is an owl.

Hoots unveiled as nickname for Hannibal's Prospect League franchise...

Hoots bested Huckle-Bears, Hucks, Lumber Barons, and Steamers in the team's "Name the Team" contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now