BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

The problem with Woodpeckers is you know within the first game people are just going to call them the Peckers.

Fatbacks has a lot of real estate to play with to make the name their own.

Fatbacks does flow better. The downside is lack of staying power- they'll just change the name in a few years when the food name trend is over and merch isn't moving as well.

At this rate in the Minors, Brandiose is probably working on some cheesy tot and fried pickle logos right now.

25 patch for the New Orleans baseball club.  Note the absence of baby Finster.  Hopefully, this may lead to the removal of that ridiculous logo and name and perhaps they will consider a more palatable moniker like the King Cakes...

DVcPHKXVoAAZ3oW.jpg

2 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

Page Liked · 16 hrs · 

Yard Goats will play one game as the Hartford Steamed Cheeseburgers this season. In homage to the steamed cheeseburger which was invented in Connecticut.
27751929_811468862374225_276450324043485

Should've just gone with Steamed Hams...

niVR9yK.jpg

I really want to like this, but I can't stop seeing "TarBons". Otherwise, it's a great set. 

18 hours ago, Atomic said:

I really want to like this, but I can't stop seeing "TarBons". Otherwise, it's a great set. 

Yeah, the more I see of this, the more confusing the wordmark becomes.

DV2Xfn_U8AAUZSv.jpg

It's a shame, because the "Tampa" mark is great.

DV2Xfn-VAAAwL3t.jpg

But the way the "r" and "p" interact is just... woof.

DV2XfoDVoAE1_zC.jpg

On 2/8/2018 at 11:54 AM, roxfan00 said:

Page Liked · 16 hrs · 

Yard Goats will play one game as the Hartford Steamed Cheeseburgers this season. In homage to the steamed cheeseburger which was invented in Connecticut.
27751929_811468862374225_276450324043485

I keep looking at this logo, but I can't figure out what's going on the right side of the logo.  What are those 4 ripply parts above the "med" in "steamed"?  Is that the back of his glove?  Why is the glove made out of hamburger if he is also a hamburger?

1 hour ago, Sabres7200 said:

I keep looking at this logo, but I can't figure out what's going on the right side of the logo.  What are those 4 ripply parts above the "med" in "steamed"?  Is that the back of his glove?  Why is the glove made out of hamburger if he is also a hamburger?

He has a bite taken out of him

Riddle me this:

Are more and more minor league jerseys using sublimated graphics as opposed to traditional tackle twill/stitches/sewn on letters and patches? 

Or is it an illusion due to using lighter weight materials and lighting?

29 minutes ago, hjwii said:

Riddle me this:

Are more and more minor league jerseys using sublimated graphics as opposed to traditional tackle twill/stitches/sewn on letters and patches? 

Or is it an illusion due to using lighter weight materials and lighting?

Many, if not most, use sublimated graphics now. It was a big push from some of the uniform suppliers, namely Wilson, in recent years.

The sports design community has never been more up its own ass than trying to get the "Steamed Hams But It's ___" meme into a baseball uniform.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:22 PM, Gothamite said:

But the way the "r" and "p" interact is just... woof.

DV2XfoDVoAE1_zC.jpg

That hat logo seems incredibly out of place with the rest of it. Cool idea, just lacking in execution.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

That hat logo seems incredibly out of place with the rest of it. Cool idea, just lacking in execution.

I thought the same thing.  I get that it's a T for Tampa, but its more abstract than the T-tail logo on the white panel cap.

Yes, let's use a logo of what easily catches our team's namesake.

How about a hunting rifle for the Milwaukee Bucks. Or traps for the Jumbo Shrimp.