BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

On 5/20/2018 at 3:53 PM, DiePerske said:

I dont think ive seen a more offensive post on this board, nor in any board past present or future in any dimension

Hidden Valley makes a blue cheese dressing, so I’ll give @CS85 the benefit of the doubt on this one. He’s not a ranch monster.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180522/fayetteville-baseball-team-colors-to-be-red-gray-and-black

So Fayetteville's new baseball team has their colors but not their name.

Okay then.

BlackGray, and Red as team colors, huh? That palette would certainly lend itself to the name Fayetteville Woodpeckers. Many of the woodpecker species found in North Carolina - including the Downy woodpecker, Hairy woodpecker, Ivory-billed woodpecker, Northern flicker woodpecker, Pileated woodpecker, Red-bellied woodpecker, Red-headed woodpecker, and the Yellow-bellied sapsucker - feature those colors in their plumage. 

We shall see.

Metro Milwaukee's AA name-the-team contest is down to three names...and my nickname's still in it!

BaseballWI.com lists the final three as the

• Wisconsin Haymakers
  • Dairyland Milk Men
  • Wisconsin's Crop Dusters

(I swear, my submission was Milwaukee Milk Men...missed opportunity for the "MMM" letter logo there.)

7 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Metro Milwaukee's AA name-the-team contest is down to three names...and my nickname's still in it!

• Wisconsin Haymakers
  • Dairyland Milk Men

(I swear, my submission was Milwaukee Milk Men...missed opportunity for the "MMM" letter logo there.)

:cursing:Where's War Pigs?

10 minutes ago, buzzcut said:

:cursing:Where's War Pigs?

Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg

Track #1, last time I checked.

I’m just happy we won’t get any of the stupid imagery brought about by that name’s interaction with MiLB/Indy League aesthetics. 

11 hours ago, MBurmy said:

• Wisconsin Haymakers
  • Dairyland Milk Men

Crop Dusters....hehehehe

w5tgs.jpg

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Major FAIL for not including Milwaukee.

Especially considering Milwaukee's prominent place in the original AA.  So many missed opportunities.

But given the politics of the area, it's not at all surprising.  Most people who don't live in Milwaukee proper literally hate Milwaukee.

A churro swinging a churro bat raises all sorts of questions I’m not sure I want answered.

52 minutes ago, Thaumatrope said:

Pretty sure that's a cinnamon stick.

1. Ohhhhh.

2. Are we sure that’s much better? Why do churros gain sentience and not cinnamon sticks? Was the cinnamon stick once alive and now the churro is swinging its corpse? 

This trend will spread like wildfire until we forget why we liked it in the first place... a great summer coming up for graphic designers, tho!

On 5/21/2018 at 6:33 PM, B-Rich said:

If it's "Greenbow" Alabama, why couldn't they use green in the color scheme?

They could. They chose not to. :rolleyes: