BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

When will it end?

For me it's like these clubs are trying to set the bar as low as possible and the winner is the lowest and worst design of all.

Bagels-Brandiose-590x529.jpg

Whoever suggested they lose the lox and onions from the sketch on the bottom right needs to be fired.

I was just in Grand Rapids.  Fitting name as there are breweries everywhere.

"So, the bung hammer is used to fit the bung into the bunghole of a barrel."

f0eee6aa2dc0e61102abb330579d8aa3.jpg

Between the Creamies and the Bung Hammers, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw teams get temporary rebrands of "Hairy Banjos" and "Skin Flutes" here soon.

Yep, the Staten Island Yankees have re-branded themselves after a meme from 2015. 

Although "Pizza Rats" was the winner of a fan vote for new permanent name back in 2016, this is for Saturday night games this season.  Or maybe more, if they sell enough stuff?

https://www.pizzaratsbaseball.com/

DSC_0167.jpg?format=750w

DSC_0062.jpg?format=1500w

DSC_0092.jpg?format=1500w

I fully expect to see a ton of these caps around the city.

DSC_0040.jpg

As much as I might usually object to a seventh color in their scheme, the white cheese just looks wrong.  Should use a yellow shade instead, something that could compliment the tan of the crust. 

Of course, Brandiose gotta Brandiose, so there's a ton of logos. They range from inoffensive to terribly overcooked, with a bat/pennant/pizza mash-up that must have sounded clever in a pitch meeting  The mascot logo is the best of the bunch - he isn't swinging a bat, which is an improvement.

image.pngNYC-01.png?format=300wRate.png?format=300w

PizzaFlag-01.png?format=300wPizza.png?format=300w

Isn't this whole meme a little... stale, though?  Like at least two years too late?

Guess if we can have a separate thread for the Brooklyn Bagels one-off, we can also have one for the Staten Island Pizza Rats for Saturday night games

DSC_0167.jpg?format=750wDSC_0092.jpg?format=1500wDSC_0062.jpg?format=1500w

41 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Isn't this whole meme a little... stale, though?  Like at least two years too late?

It's about as current as "Chocolate Rain".

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Not only is it stale, it's not particularly Staten Islandy either. The Pizza Rat was such a uniquely subway phenomenon, and Staten Island, despite its MTA-administered railroad, does not share in the rest of the city's subway culture.

Getting old fast, but I will say that the Pizza Rats script across the jersey is beautiful.

Sounds like they tried to come up with the most stereotypically “New York” name possible.

26 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

Getting old fast, but I will say that the Pizza Rats script across the jersey is beautiful.

That bit sure is.  Putting "Staten Island" across the top seems too minor league even for a short-season Class A ballclub.  Especially when it's right there on the sleeve patch.  And I think this is one that could benefit from a keyline.  But I love the script.

DSC_0092.jpg?format=1500w

I'd like to see that SI monogram w/o the bat. It'd look a helluva lot better on their caps than that Y that doesn't match anything.

I think I love everything about this, especially the delicious script.  It would be ridiculous to use it full time, but this is right up there with the Fresno Tacos for me.