BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

I am a huge Senifeld fan, but ould anybody really make the connection without the Kramer picture alongside the jersey for context?

I was afraid it was Jordan Peterson Night.

7 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I am a huge Senifeld fan, but ould anybody really make the connection without the Kramer picture alongside the jersey for context?

Me too, and nope.

Did not even imagine this, Kramer wore some fantastic shirts over the years but this is not going to end well.

Lansing Lugnuts let fans choose new name for one game

July 12, 2018 - 18:28 PM

The Lansing Lugnuts, Single-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, are letting fans pick a temporary nickname Choose Your Own Adventure-style for a game later this season. The Lugnuts, one of the trailblazers in the era of Minor League Baseball’s […]

Read More...

Voted for white monsters

Not more of this nonsense.

3BltuBU.gif

Humongous Melonheads is the only truly valid name for a Backyard Baseball themed night

The new Atlantic League team in High Point NC in 2019 has released their name and logo.

a9b596_cb47eaa246f944ccba6959fd5ee7f127~

Looks like my hometown, High Point, has a new Atlantic League team. This is their logo.

a9b596_5e74b2dc2d104538898a6703eb90ecb7~

I voted for something along the lines of humongous giants or something like that. If they want to be rediculous, I’ll be rediculous-er.

13 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The new Atlantic League team in High Point NC in 2019 has released their name and logo.

a9b596_cb47eaa246f944ccba6959fd5ee7f127~

Wow...there’s a whole lot going on here, to the point the design as a whole is weaker than its constituent elements.

I like the High Point script quite a bit, but it’s dwarfed by the giant Rockers block text with the inexplicable chrome/hotrod font. Worse still the NC on the chair looks like an afterthought (and introduces a third font).

Another issue with the NC is that it distracts from the fact that the back of the chair is meant to be home base...which goes nicely with the balls and bats integrated into the rocking chair. But could someone explain to me why the chair is rocketing through space? It’s like the team decided on the name, but then started to worry that it was too boring. 

The whole thing looks like a case study in logo design by committee...or a cautionary tale on what happens when you give a client everything they ask for regardless of whether it makes good design sense. 

@Thaumatrope said it all on the megathread.

1 hour ago, Thaumatrope said:

Wow...there’s a whole lot going on here, to the point the design as a whole is weaker than its constituent elements.

I like the High Point script quite a bit, but it’s dwarfed by the giant Rockers block text with the inexplicable chrome/hotrod font. Worse still the NC on the chair looks like an afterthought (and introduces a third font).

Another issue with the NC is that it distracts from the fact that the back of the chair is meant to be home base...which goes nicely with the balls and bats integrated into the rocking chair. But could someone explain to me why the chair is rocketing through space? It’s like the team decided on the name, but then started to worry that it was too boring. 

The whole thing looks like a case study in logo design by committee...or a cautionary tale on what happens when you give a client everything they ask for regardless of whether it makes good design sense. 

Ah, minor league baseball.  Where you expect it to be one thing and it ends up completely something different.  Definitely was not expecting a rocking chair to be in the logo.