BigMac12

Minor-League, Indy & Summer Collegiate Baseball Logo / Uni Changes

6 hours ago, kimball said:

AAA: Go traditional, you can get a little original but Storm Chasers or Baby Cakes should not be allowed in AAA. Names related to the parent club are cool, but no Iowa Cubs or Omaha Royals please.

I mostly agree, but allow for a handful of parent names here (same with the AHL). I like every Braves affiliate being the Braves, for instance, and I don't mind the Iowa Cubs, but "Oklahoma City Dodgers" clangs to me in a way those don't. But yes, no Storm Chasers, Baby Cakes, or Iron Pigs. RIP the greatest AAA name, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons.

EDIT: in checking the page for the International League, I was reminded that the Norfolk Tides updated, and my god are they ever hideous.

The Houston Astros have postponed the launch of their Single A Fayetteville club branding that was scheduled for Wednesday due to the impending hurricane heading for North Carolina. Makeup date will be announced after the hurricane hits.

15 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

The independent American Association's Franklin, Wisconsin-based expansion franchise has revealed its identity. The team, playing out of the under-construction Ballpark Commons development, will be dubbed the Milwaukee Milkmen.

Milwaukee Milkmen website

Milwaukee Milkmen Launch Video

Holy crap, a minor league team who knows how to brand creatively!

4 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Holy crap, a minor league team who knows how to brand creatively!

The name-the-team contest was won by yours truly...as I said, I am ready for EVERY fantastic possibility the name inspires to come to fruition!

1 hour ago, MBurmy said:

The name-the-team contest was won by yours truly...as I said, I am ready for EVERY fantastic possibility the name inspires to come to fruition!

Hopefully they can milk it for all it's worth.

1 hour ago, MBurmy said:

Your suggestion truly was the cream of the crop.

2 hours ago, MBurmy said:

There's a whole lot you can do with milk, they better not skim over the possibilities.

Milwaukee Milkmen join baseball’s American Association

September 17, 2018 - 22:22 PM

If you’re going to have a baseball team in Milwaukee, you’d better name it for people responsible for providing beverages. The Big League Milwaukee Brewers have company in a city famous for its Harley-Davidson headquarters, its bronze statue of Arthur […]

Read More...

Hide the kids when the Milkmen are playing the Dogs in Rosemont on Wiener Wednesdays.

10 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

this looks about right:

This is more appropriate...

Is Melky Cabrera available for weekend games?

I have very mixed feelings about this. I'm glad they branded as Milwaukee, but the dairy industry has always been a more Northern WI thing. It'd be like a Phily team naming itself after the steel industry or a NYC team naming itself in reference to Niagara Falls.

Yeah, I think there’s something of a disconnect between “Milwaukee” and “Milkmen”. 

Unless they continue to lean on the “deliverers of milk” theme more than “producers of milk”, in which case Milwaukee could be a good choice for the 1950s associations, be it the Braves’ glory days or Happy Days.

Not enthusiastic about what we’ve seen so far - Black and white can be a striking color combination but can also be exceedingly boring.   And with the complicated logos shown, it’s not a great choice. 

nuDwN7er_400x400.jpg

Here’s the uniform set: 

DnUaRufUYAA28Vy.jpg

Bonus points for a cream alt, but no “Milwaukee” jersey?

The cap logos are pretty terrible - they really need an “M” logo.  Something better than the M on their word mark, which is awkward. 

As I said in the other thread, the Milkmen name feels out of place for Milwaukee.  Granted, this might be a best case scenario considering many of the other names.  This was botched from day one.

At least the logo isn't terrible.

They're going with the slogan "Baseball that's udderly different."

I think there's a market for a lower level of pro baseball in Metro MKE.  But I can't say this brand makes me, a lifelong city of Milwaukee resident, want to support this team.

They should sign an Australian player and give him a special, shiny, metallic jersey.

A Golden Guernsey, if you will.

I think I may be in the other camp - the name is fine, but the logo and uniforms are lacking. 

I do question whether people in Franklin will be eager to support a “Milwaukee” team, but think that could be overcome by a more interesting logo set.  As it is, I don’t know if the design will appeal enough to Milwaukeeans for them to support the team either.