Small Details (and quirks) that You Love

OnWis97

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackhawks and Phillies still chain-stitch too. The detail is amazing up close. I also have a pre-Edge Seattle Thunderbirds jersey that used chain-stitching on portions of the crest.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 year later...

I have always loved the random red number on the front of the Dodgers uniforms

MattKemp2.jpg

Some people have called for them to change it to blue, but then they're just the KC Royals. That small splash of red is what makes that uniform so visually appealing.

Ditto.

The simplicity of the uniform and the beauty of how the red numbers fit in to the whole look makes these the best uniform/hat combo in all of baseball IMO. I put the Cardinals' home unis a slight bit behind this set as #2. This year's NLCS and quite frankly the ALCS have been a uniform lover's wet dream. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the unis in action for all teams involved. Though I should admit that I think that Detroit's road unis need to lose the unnecessary white outline around the letters and numbers. Without that outline they would be darn near perfect.

And the red sox roads need to go back to the world series winning set

I totally disagree, I think this set is perfect. But of course, to each his own :)

Of course, those numbers came around at a time when black and white TV was the norm; so a typical TV viewer didn't know then. But, even so, I like it, too, so why change?

UBwef0L.png

nba_g_kobe11_600.jpg - While they do have a while alternate jersey today, I like the fact that the Los Angeles Lakers primary home jerseys are yellow. It's part of their identity, so that shouldn't change. I think more teams with gold in their color scheme should try going this same route, personally. It worked for the Los Angeles Kings and Vancoucer Canucks in the 1980s. :D

UBwef0L.png

MattKemp2.jpg

Some people have called for them to change it to blue, but then they're just the KC Royals. That small splash of red is what makes that uniform so visually appealing.

Agreed, and speaking of a splash of red on primary whites, I freakin' love how the USMNT look wearing red socks (instead of white) with this kit:

Chile_US_Soccer_Walt_t_w600_h1200.jpg

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

MattKemp2.jpg

Agreed, and speaking of a splash of red on primary whites, I freakin' love how the USMNT look wearing red socks (instead of white) with this kit:

United States Mutant Ninja Turtles?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The 3D embroidery on the Jays' front crest...looks fantastic.Puff_Crest.JPGjose_bautista_bluejay.jpeg

This isn't really relevant persay but am I the only one that think the Jays roads are far and away their best unis? The logo pops the most on it and I like the touch of navy on the script. I'm not a Jays fan but I even bought a grey shirt with that road script on it, despite it not even being on sale (something I almost never do besides for hats/Cubs stuff)

United States Mutant Ninja Turtles?

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. But just in case....

USMNT = US Men's National Team

gYH2mW9.png

Archived