Small Details (and quirks) that You Love

OnWis97

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 3D embroidery on the Jays' front crest...looks fantastic.Puff_Crest.JPGjose_bautista_bluejay.jpeg

This isn't really relevant persay but am I the only one that think the Jays roads are far and away their best unis? The logo pops the most on it and I like the touch of navy on the script. I'm not a Jays fan but I even bought a grey shirt with that road script on it, despite it not even being on sale (something I almost never do besides for hats/Cubs stuff)

I agree 100%, because the blue and white are thier own distinct colours on a grey background, as compared to the white on white or the blue on blue.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

This isn't really relevant persay but am I the only one that think the Jays roads are far and away their best unis? The logo pops the most on it and I like the touch of navy on the script. I'm not a Jays fan but I even bought a grey shirt with that road script on it, despite it not even being on sale (something I almost never do besides for hats/Cubs stuff)

While I think it's their 3rd best behind blues & home whites, their greys have to definitely be top 10 in MLB.

I always think of the '92 Alomar HR in those unis.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I know [beveryone hates the Nets' look' but I love the herringbone pattern on the side stripes.

nets-side-stripe.jpg

Not everyone.

I can appreciate the clean design, clever wordmark based on subway signage, the afformation herringbone pattern side stripes, the pop and distinctiveness of straight up using black and white without grey or silver. The alternate are horrendous, but that's not really what you were talking about.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

SKC.jpg

/thread

More ppl need to know this... why don't more ppl know this?

Relatively obscure league and city(s) I guess? Obviously it's a really cool detail though. I just can't imagine having known that's what the Kansas City MO/KS border looked like at that particular spot, or that's what Sporting KC's crest looked like for that matter.

SKC.jpg

Well, that's news to me. That's awesome.

As for me, it may not br a small detail, exactly, but I really like the Flyers' nameplates.

Well liked in Philadelphia. Also, a little detail I love is the blue stars in the Phillies wordmark. Keeps the "usa/liberty" feel in the team. http://thephilanews.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2013-Phillies-Season-Begins-On-PHL17.jpg

I'll probably catch heat for this but I really like the gold tags on the back of the NBA jerseys now that show the number of championships each franchise has:

gold-jersey-patch.png?w=625&h=300

How do I pronounce that name?

AB-tsa-BITS

It's Slovakian ?.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived