OnWis97

Small Details (and quirks) that You Love

Blackhawks and Phillies still chain-stitch too. The detail is amazing up close. I also have a pre-Edge Seattle Thunderbirds jersey that used chain-stitching on portions of the crest.

I've always liked the small player numbers on the right breast side of jumpers worn in the Western Australian Football League. The WAFL are the only major league in Australia to have this feature.

761181-5700999e-c75f-11e3-b520-1a79dc9db

Love the pentagon's in NYCFC's logo. nice subtle nod to the 5 boroughs. Also the fact that they included orange, albeit very minimally, so that both of the city's colors are included is a very nice touch. Nice of the Yankees to allow a team they own to use a rival teams colors like that.

NYCFC-logo-300x300.jpeg

I have always loved the random red number on the front of the Dodgers uniforms

MattKemp2.jpg

Some people have called for them to change it to blue, but then they're just the KC Royals. That small splash of red is what makes that uniform so visually appealing.

Ditto.

The simplicity of the uniform and the beauty of how the red numbers fit in to the whole look makes these the best uniform/hat combo in all of baseball IMO. I put the Cardinals' home unis a slight bit behind this set as #2. This year's NLCS and quite frankly the ALCS have been a uniform lover's wet dream. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the unis in action for all teams involved. Though I should admit that I think that Detroit's road unis need to lose the unnecessary white outline around the letters and numbers. Without that outline they would be darn near perfect.

And the red sox roads need to go back to the world series winning set

I totally disagree, I think this set is perfect. But of course, to each his own :)

Of course, those numbers came around at a time when black and white TV was the norm; so a typical TV viewer didn't know then. But, even so, I like it, too, so why change?

nba_g_kobe11_600.jpg - While they do have a while alternate jersey today, I like the fact that the Los Angeles Lakers primary home jerseys are yellow. It's part of their identity, so that shouldn't change. I think more teams with gold in their color scheme should try going this same route, personally. It worked for the Los Angeles Kings and Vancoucer Canucks in the 1980s. :D

^ Heh. Never noticed that quirk on their jerseys until you pointed out. It looks great, BTW. :D

The 3D embroidery on the Jays' front crest...looks fantastic.

Puff_Crest.JPG

jose_bautista_bluejay.jpeg

<3

And that's why I want an authentic jersey, but in blue.

MattKemp2.jpg

Some people have called for them to change it to blue, but then they're just the KC Royals. That small splash of red is what makes that uniform so visually appealing.

Agreed, and speaking of a splash of red on primary whites, I freakin' love how the USMNT look wearing red socks (instead of white) with this kit:

Chile_US_Soccer_Walt_t_w600_h1200.jpg

MattKemp2.jpg

Agreed, and speaking of a splash of red on primary whites, I freakin' love how the USMNT look wearing red socks (instead of white) with this kit:

United States Mutant Ninja Turtles?

The 3D embroidery on the Jays' front crest...looks fantastic.Puff_Crest.JPGjose_bautista_bluejay.jpeg

This isn't really relevant persay but am I the only one that think the Jays roads are far and away their best unis? The logo pops the most on it and I like the touch of navy on the script. I'm not a Jays fan but I even bought a grey shirt with that road script on it, despite it not even being on sale (something I almost never do besides for hats/Cubs stuff)

United States Mutant Ninja Turtles?

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. But just in case....

USMNT = US Men's National Team