Colombian soccer team plays in counterfeit jerseys

UnclearInitial

Interesting.

I remember one time I think it was Kevin Youkilis' road jersey was somehow lost on the road so the best the equipment crew could do on short notice was buy a replica Boston jersey from a local sporting goods store.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I remember something about Theoren Fleury getting blood all over his jersey. So much that we wasn't aloud to wear it in the game. A fan took off his "flames Fleury jersey" and Theo wore it for a few shifts, until the equipment guys could get another "real" jersey.

I think Henderson has an anecdote in his guide about McGwire possibley having to wear a store-bought Cardinals road jersey for a three-game series in Philly when he was traded from OAK to STL. The story comes from the Philly seamstress who did team alterations and did McGwire's jersey that day. He's got a pic in the guide too.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I remember something about Theoren Fleury getting blood all over his jersey. So much that we wasn't aloud to wear it in the game. A fan took off his "flames Fleury jersey" and Theo wore it for a few shifts, until the equipment guys could get another "real" jersey.

A similar thing happened at a friendly between Aston Villa & my local team, Kidderminster Harriers about 20 years ago. Villa player Steve Froggatt tore his shirt, couldn't find a replacement quickly enough and had to borrow a replica shirt from the nearest fan, who happened to be my friend Simon. He gave the shirt back after the game, and gave Si his torn shirt (which he autographed, for good measure).

Hmm... slightly different version of the story here. Apparently the grey shirts pictured in the article aren't the counterfeits - they're Santa Fe's kosher training tops. They played the first half in them with numbers applied to the back with tape, but these fell off when the players started getting sweaty.

As a result, they played the second half in the knock-off kit with the numbers added to the back in red pen.

Here we go - an image from the first half showing the tape solution on the club's own training shirts...

xaop.png

...and a shot from the second half, showing a counterfeit shirt with numbers added using a marker pen.

f9tr.png

If any of our resident font gurus fancy putting together a font pack of these be my guest. :D

No, he did put on a fan's "Fleury" jersey (covered in autographs) but he was not allowed to go out on the ice with it. The equipment manager ran back to the dressing room and got him another jersey with no name bar and a number in the 70's.

I recall reading once about an incident similar to the Fleury one...I forgot most of the details, but one of the Gait brothers (I think it was Paul, coulda been Gary...either way it's a 50% shot of being on target) either couldn't find his jersey or got blood on it, and the Wings didn't have any extras on hand, so he wore a fan's jersey for the rest of the game.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived