Negro League Baseball Uniforms

ManCalledAmp

So I was reading the Nashville Scene at lunch Wednesday when I happened across an article about Sulphur Dell, Nashville's historic former ballpark. Apparently the talks of building the new stadium for the Nashville Sounds on the site of the original park (it's now little more than a parking lot and a couple of historic markers) are actually picking up steam, and for some strange reason the Scene chose to use this as a tenuous link to how Nashville was briefly at or near the center of Negro League baseball. (I'm not complaining....just isn't the most logical leap, especially during the first cold snap of a slow-emerging fall. Must be a slow news week, since the cover story is about reality TV stars and where they are now, but I digress.)

The story itself has some solid info (can be read here), and also references the Sulphur Dell website (here), but sadly only had one picture....which was a pretty sharp one of the Cincinnati Clowns.

sports1-1.jpg

Obviously there are some pics floating around of the Negro Leagues, but I was wondering if you guys had any other lesser known pics of these battle-tested teams, and their uniforms and logos. I don't recall seeing another thread like this (or if I do it's been months, if not years, but I apologize), and I figure with the World Series under way, why not honor baseball's past at the same time?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• 6 months later...

sports1-1.jpg

Couldn't believe the one on the right would be a woman so I checked out the article, saw the name Connie Morgan, googled it, and learned a bit of history myself. She wasn't even the first woman in the Negro Leagues either; she was the third, pretty cool.

EDIT: Woops, didn't realize how old this thread was, just found it when it showed up on the bottom of the page of another thread saying it may be related, my bad

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived