The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Montreal over the weekend, I would say the counterfeit to liegitimate jersey rate was almost 50/50 between the game and what I saw around town. The worst offenders were Roy and Subban jersey. Stores were even selling them mixed in with real jerseys, a store at the Fourm was selling counterfeits that were autographed for over $1000! Also a store at the old Forum sold replica Stanley Cup rings for about $250, some looked great, others were clearly fakes. The store even sold replica 2014 Sochi gold medals for over $300. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

2015112615144626351.jpg

20156260374946073.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On March 2, 2016 at 6:06 PM, Solaris said:

was in mexicantown in detroit, and good god do they have fakes. every single team you could imagine.

picked up both away and home Russia world cup jerseys for about $50. top notch deal

I wouldn't say it's a top-notch deal. I'd say you wasted your money on junk. 

• Like 3

I always enjoy when people complain about counterfeit jerseys but turn around and brag about buying them. When you buy this garbage, you are becoming part of the problem!

• Like 3

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

20 hours ago, insert name said:

M..ets. Seeing people wearing BAD counterfeit jerseys kills me on the inside.

Especially when they think they've got the real deal and are bragging how cheap they got it. I was wearing a road Blue Jays jersey (Romero) on sunday at the batting cages and a guy came up to me and asked why I haven't bought a new one yet (I have bought a new one actually not that he'd know) so I said told him "they aren't cheap" hoping to leave it at that and walk away.

He calls his son over and goes "dude you need to know where to go" and shows me his son's crappy knock off. The font was all wrong and I was just like "whatever you paid, it was too much. That's a knockoff." 

He wasn't having it and went on about how it's real and I should stop "giving Rogers money when it's available for cheaper". I left it alone and said "ok, have a good day." but it's just like...come on man. 

Worst part is this happens so often, why do people feel the need to brag about their :censored:ty knockoffs? 

• Like 3

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Because people love thinking they got a deal, that they pulled a fast one. Or they don't know the difference. 

Agreed.

A lot of people, especially casual fans, don't know the difference, and most don't care. Obviously, most of us on this board can spot fakes from a mile away, but this is a relatively small community. 

The funny thing is, everyone seems to love the replica Starter hockey jerseys from the 90's. I hated them then, and I still wouldn't own one today. But when I see and feel a counterfeit hockey jersey, the material always reminds me of those terrible Starter replicas. 

On 1/20/2016 at 3:05 PM, nash61 said:

Btxtfu3.jpg

Bumping this with a hilarious Ducks jersey I came across. Brings a whole new meaning to "side panels"

Oh my god, I'm pulling out my credit card right now. XD This jersey is so laughably bad that I just do not understand how anyone is dumb enough to buy this garbage. Look at this Ducks jersey, that is one pathetic knockoff. It really pisses me off when I'm looking for a certain jersey and all I can find are pathetic knockoffs that people continue to buy. One NHL team that I think has a massive counterfeit jersey problem is the Vancouver Canucks. Of all the times I have looked for jerseys online, there is not a single team I have seen with more knockoffs for sale than the Canucks. I don't know if that is just me but damn, that's pretty sad if people are buying that many counterfeit jerseys.

I noticed that about the Canucks as well. Lots with neon green too.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

17 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Oh my god, I'm pulling out my credit card right now. XD This jersey is so laughably bad that I just do not understand how anyone is dumb enough to buy this garbage. Look at this Ducks jersey, that is one pathetic knockoff. It really pisses me off when I'm looking for a certain jersey and all I can find are pathetic knockoffs that people continue to buy. One NHL team that I think has a massive counterfeit jersey problem is the Vancouver Canucks. Of all the times I have looked for jerseys online, there is not a single team I have seen with more knockoffs for sale than the Canucks. I don't know if that is just me but damn, that's pretty sad if people are buying that many counterfeit jerseys.

Of all the people I know who own Habs jerseys I'd say at least 75 percent are fakes. Going to the Bell Center is a :censored:ing nightmare for someone noticing that.

• Like 2

My last NHL game was Lightning at Hurricanes on 2/21. I saw a fake blue Lightning jersey as soon as we got in the rink and pointed it out to my dad. He and I spotted so many in just the few minutes we spent in the concourse. They're so noticable ... the logo is basically a circle. So noticable that I pointed it out as a fake without any details and my dad knew recognized the logo immediately. Being in Florida and working for a hockey team, I see them a lot. We have a Lightning theme night this Saturday so I'm sure I'll see some more.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

There are some fakes that I can believe people can and will buy. Like when the font is just a little bit off, or the collar detail is a little messed up, or the colors aren't QUITE right. (Not anyone on these boards, or course :D) but then there's some that just baffle my mind! Like a Wild game I went to recently where some guy had the current white jersey with this completely distorted logo. It was extra wide and very short. It was barely recognizeable as a Wild jersey. I'm going to guess that he was sitting there, wearing a wild hat with the right logo on it, looked at the jersey and was like "Yep! It's perfect!" It wasn't like only people here wouldn't get it, it was NOTHING close to the WIld logo... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10