charger77

The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

What about my recently purchased Kings jersey?

IMG_7014.JPG

32 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

What about my recently purchased Kings jersey?

IMG_7014.JPG

Were did you get it from?

You can bet this Charlie Hustle jersey is a fake.

32073810433_39c785b0b4_b.jpg

9 hours ago, dont care said:

Its a replica

Of course it's a replica.  I purchased it at the mall at a place called...The Pro Image.

Hey all. Looooong time since I've posted here (although I've been consistently lurking about and keeping tabs on things... which sounds way creepier than intended). Anyway, I recently began selling off most of my jersey collection and may have come across an issue. I sold a replica Adidas soccer jersey, which I had purchased years ago (2003? 04?) from an eBay seller, which had tags and what I can only assume were, at the time, signs of authenticity. Obviously, I don't remember the details about the seller's location or feedback, but suffice it to say I would have been just as skeptical about purchasing an item from an unreliable seller/location. Anyway, buyer of this jersey is questioning the authenticity of the replica jersey, so I figured you guys could help me out. Last thing I would want to do is unintentionally pass off a counterfeit item. Thanks!

BeckhamBack.jpeg

BeckhamFront.jpeg

6 hours ago, Starchild said:

Anyway, buyer of this jersey is questioning the authenticity of the replica jersey, so I figured you guys could help me out. Last thing I would want to do is unintentionally pass off a counterfeit item. Thanks!

BeckhamFront.jpeg

For me it's a fake, this jersey (third from 04/05 season) was slightly different. Mesh panels should be only on sides not on front, collar hadn't white finishing (except sample jersey), adidas logo is too slim and in that time replica versions inside a collar had paper tags, only match version had stickers (also if it wasn't washed out you should have "Made in ..." under size informations).

Somewhat related. I guess last week this Bills fan bought what looks like a fake jersey and it went viral. 

Then went on to ask the Bills for his money back.

Can't really feel bad for him, he's an idiot.

DG9z1ozVwAEDYSG.jpg:large

A lot of these fakes are just SOOOOOO BAD! Some of these aren't even close to the original. I see people wear fakes at baseball games all the time and it's such an eyesore. 

I frequent thrift stores and I would say literally 95% of the Nike-era NFL jerseys I find are fake... the weird thing is how every jersey seems off in its own way - some have bad flywire, some have bad NFL logo chips, some are the completely wrong color... I guess the counterfeiters aren't as close to nailing it as I used to think.

18 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Of course it was a Giants fan who wore this atrocity.