The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

• 4 months later...

Hey all. Looooong time since I've posted here (although I've been consistently lurking about and keeping tabs on things... which sounds way creepier than intended). Anyway, I recently began selling off most of my jersey collection and may have come across an issue. I sold a replica Adidas soccer jersey, which I had purchased years ago (2003? 04?) from an eBay seller, which had tags and what I can only assume were, at the time, signs of authenticity. Obviously, I don't remember the details about the seller's location or feedback, but suffice it to say I would have been just as skeptical about purchasing an item from an unreliable seller/location. Anyway, buyer of this jersey is questioning the authenticity of the replica jersey, so I figured you guys could help me out. Last thing I would want to do is unintentionally pass off a counterfeit item. Thanks!

BeckhamBack.jpeg

BeckhamFront.jpeg

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

6 hours ago, Starchild said:

Anyway, buyer of this jersey is questioning the authenticity of the replica jersey, so I figured you guys could help me out. Last thing I would want to do is unintentionally pass off a counterfeit item. Thanks!

BeckhamFront.jpeg

For me it's a fake, this jersey (third from 04/05 season) was slightly different. Mesh panels should be only on sides not on front, collar hadn't white finishing (except sample jersey), adidas logo is too slim and in that time replica versions inside a collar had paper tags, only match version had stickers (also if it wasn't washed out you should have "Made in ..." under size informations).

4r2eer.png

• 4 weeks later...

I frequent thrift stores and I would say literally 95% of the Nike-era NFL jerseys I find are fake... the weird thing is how every jersey seems off in its own way - some have bad flywire, some have bad NFL logo chips, some are the completely wrong color... I guess the counterfeiters aren't as close to nailing it as I used to think.