tdawgcincy

tdawgcincy's NCAA Football Concepts

I'm new to the board but have been doing concepts for a while, these are what I have been able to whip up over the last few months. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

eHHQmPe.png

Next up: Cincinnati.

RN68lKP.png

Minnesota

x5XLlIo.png

Illinois and Minnesota are the exact same, only different colors and logos. Even the numbers are the same font.

I like NIU, but it could use the husky logo.

I like your attention to detail in your concepts. One thing I noticed, though, is that your numbers (especially on the back of the jerseys) are too small. The numbers are sewn on over top of the different panels; they don't just fit into the one panel.

I think that the gray Cincinnati numbers would be hard to see from a distance. White or even red would be better.

Good job.

Added the Huskie and few other improvements on NIU

jL7URch.png

David thank you, and I completely agree. As far as Cincinnati unfortunately that is the color of their numbers this year and I hate it.

The helmet is awesome, but I think it could use a black face mask.

I think the Tech helmet is really great too. I think it would look better if the horses on both sides of the helmet would be facing forward, though. I think a horse charging backwards on a helmet would look odd on a football field. I think the TT brand would still work if flipped.

All of these are a solid C+.

Using unoriginal fonts kind of ruins it. A lot of your helmets have no connection with the rest of the uniform. Different stripes, different colors, etc. You have a black facemask on Minnesota when there's very little black on the rest of the uniform. I'd rather see a maroon facemask there with a yellow M.

jWJXywW.png

I agree with the others - I think the black collar doesn't work so well. I also think that their old-style font would be a great addition (the basketball team uses it).

I really like the Texas Tech helmet, but I think it looks a little out of place with the uniforms. The helmets really pop, but the uniforms kind of lie back. If the uniforms popped a little more, I think it would look better as a set.